• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/25 event venting/whining/whatever thread

BullCityWx

While I'm happy about the 6" we got honestly I really feel badly everyone who didn't get as much. Cold Rain has always been so nice to me and has always answered my annoying newbie questions so I would gladly trade him my 6" for what he got. Getting more snow every year would be awesome but there's nowhere else I would rather live. Even though the models were awful at least it gave me something to do other then think about how bad my Tar Heels are. Sigh. Now it's back to bitching about our team instead of the lack of models.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

how come you live in the upstate, where are you from?

how come you live in the upstate, where are you from?

My younger sister has M.S. She has 2 small children,and she needs help a lot of the time. So i moved here as did my parents to be there when she needed a hand. I'm from Northern Virginia originally. Born in Leesburg, grew up in Fairfax County.

My younger sister has M.S. She has 2 small children,and she needs help a lot of the time. So i moved here as did my parents to be there when she needed a hand. I'm from Northern Virginia originally. Born in Leesburg, grew up in Fairfax County.

That's a really great thing you are doing. My wife has Huntington's disease and things would be a lot easier for us if we had family around to help.

sorry to hear about your sister, that has to be tough. Just goes to show you there are more important things than weather.

At least you did not move from an area that got alot of snow. And you pay less taxes now.

sorry to hear about your sister, that has to be tough. Just goes to show you there are more important things than weather.

At least you did not move from an area that got alot of snow. And you pay less taxes now.

HAHA yeah. They do seem to get a lot more up there though. The taxes thing doesnt bother me. I think everyone should just be some place that makes them happy. Everyone is different inside, and we have so much to choose from.

And thank you for the kind words. I appreciate that. 

Boone would be a nice place to live i think i would like that area a lot

Other than that, probably Western Pennsylvania. It was like my second home growing up. I love the weather swings there and they get plenty of snow...LOLLL

Its the same old stuff new day...Nobody is ever satisfied.  Fact is, GB did get it right because he RODE the NAM, and it did the best job overall with the thermals.  Period.  The DOC nailed this track from 4-5 days out *or was very close*  The hate mail will always come. Kudos to him for getting right and probably not doing the leg work that most do.  I am not going to rant because I frankly don't care.  I always learn from my failures/busts/whatev you want to call them.  Fact is, I did a BAD job from GSP to CLT  Yes, I was a little high for the ATL metro, but I had been trimming the cities amounts back each day.  Whatever the point is, My thing is DO the extra work and make a forecast.  Maybe he did?  but from EVERYTHING I have seen, he just said this is the model I am showing/going with.  There is no person touch to the forecast and I guess people love that crap in ATL.  

Where's that SE ridge to warm us up and end this terrible winter? I keep hearing about 3/1, but frankly, I don't want anymore teases.

At least these immature children in Gwinnett County managed to make me laugh (and shake my head), so it wasn't all bad.

Going to School just doesn't have the value it used to..

btw, rumor has it the SE Ridge may be heading south for awhile after a very brief appearance. Don't worry, it will come back 1 day before the next forecasted blockbuster. If it doesn't show the WAA will attempt to stand in.

It seem like every time the nw corner of SC gets screwed. I really feel bad for those folks, geographically they should be in the best spot and even have a little elevation. For some reason tho they get screwed. The Spartanburg, Gaffney area seems to come out pretty good most of the time. I guess it has to do with the warm air below 850 banking up against the higher elevations in nc/ga Not letting them cool that section of the column.

HUBBA HUBBA:

It is what it is:

I HIT CLIMO ON SNOWFALL:

February will go down as a top 5 coldest of all time and match November as a top 5 coldest of all time:

DJF are gonna avg below normal temp wise at GSO and RDU:

DJF are going to avg possibly above normal precip wise at RDU and GSO (might need to check this one) but atleast near normal:

What a 12 day stretch of winter weather we just went through. We had 4 frozen precip events, 2 of which where winter storms. Saw 2 abnormally below avg arctic outbreaks, and got a clipper to get across the mtn's and put on a great 20 minute firework show, Kids missed 8 out of last 10 school days and went on 3 hr delay on one of them.

It seem like every time the nw corner of SC gets screwed. I really feel bad for those folks, geographically they should be in the best spot and even have a little elevation. For some reason tho they get screwed. The Spartanburg, Gaffney area seems to come out pretty good most of the time. I guess it has to do with the warm air below 850 banking up against the higher elevations in nc/ga Not letting them cool that section of the column.

Yeah, those of us who live here are all too familiar. I think the problem is the mountains are both to our North AND to our West and it creates sort of a semi-bowl. We get downsloped from both directions so we get warmer and dryer from systems coming from both directions. The cold air actually passes over us and falls just to our south and east and precip reforms to our south and east as well. Storms have to come from the perfect angle to give us a maximum, and we usually have to have the cold already settled in; a la Jan 2011. It is amazing how much difference it makes to go up 1000 feet to Hendersonville. It's like a whole different world up there when it comes to snow. You're dead on about the Sptbg to Gaffney comment, which I have also mentioned many times. They are farther away from the mtns but still far enough North to benefit form cold placement and CADs and don't suffer downsloping as much. We live in a pretty area but the nearby mtns really hurt us when it comes to weather.

The latest map that GSP issued just before the precip started. Can you say.. EPIC FAIL!!!!! I know  a friend who lives in Indian Land, NC. According to this map he was getting the jackpot and yet he barely managed a dusting before switching to rain...

NWS GSP actually busted harder than any other mets that I saw, except maybe for Robert who was showing foot+ totals for the upstate and northern Ga.

post-309-0-85235000-1425005544_thumb.jpg

Archived