• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ChicagoGuy
    Newest Member
    ChicagoGuy
The 2014-2015 Ski Season Thread

Skivt2

My day off but here I am putting the ski gear on again.

It's bittersweet when the season ends, as you know there'll be snow till Memorial Day (it'll be time to plow out the work roads in a couple weeks), but once it's over I actually have to think about what clothes to wear each day. Snowpants are no longer business attire after April 19th.

I definitely envy you lol. Not a bad gig you have. Enjoy the turns.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like Bolton Valley will have almost all their terrain open this weekend...I'm pretty pumped to just get out one more time.

I may be doing Sunapee on Sunday since I have a free lift ticket there.

Just back from Sunapee, coverage is very good still, but things got slow by the afternoon and I forgot my Zardoz :axe: .  I think lack of hard freeze last night softened things a bit much.  If you like groomers it should be great for tomorrow am, especially assuming they freeze up overnight.  Woods and natural snow trails are pretty much done there at this point, but a few were still technically open.

The addition of the Sun Bowl high speed lift is a big upgrade there, the old one was terribly slow.  This lift used to be the old Northstar Express at Okemo which was replaced by the heated orange couch lift.

Just back from Sunapee, coverage is very good still, but things got slow by the afternoon and I forgot my Zardoz :axe: .  I think lack of hard freeze last night softened things a bit much.  If you like groomers it should be great for tomorrow am, especially assuming they freeze up overnight.  Woods and natural snow trails are pretty much done there at this point, but a few were still technically open.

The addition of the Sun Bowl high speed lift is a big upgrade there, the old one was terribly slow.  This lift used to be the old Northstar Express at Okemo which was replaced by the heated orange couch lift.

That wasn't a problem up here, haha.  It was quite firm through midday, and the top stayed slick all day.  Down at lower elevations it did start to break up.  The corn snow tomorrow, Monday, and other days this week should be prime.  Mild and sunny days, with cold nights lined up, coupled with what is now a granular snow from yesterday's rain...its going to be a refreshingly nice couple days to be outside.

That wasn't a problem up here, haha. It was quite firm through midday, and the top stayed slick all day. Down at lower elevations it did start to break up. The corn snow tomorrow, Monday, and other days this week should be prime. Mild and sunny days, with cold nights lined up, coupled with what is now a granular snow from yesterday's rain...its going to be a refreshingly nice couple days to be outside.

Tomorrow looks like a winner yes. I'm headed up and can't wait. Sugarbush or Stowe, not sure yet.

That wasn't a problem up here, haha.  It was quite firm through midday, and the top stayed slick all day.  Down at lower elevations it did start to break up.  The corn snow tomorrow, Monday, and other days this week should be prime.  Mild and sunny days, with cold nights lined up, coupled with what is now a granular snow from yesterday's rain...its going to be a refreshingly nice couple days to be outside.

Same here. Wildcat was a sheet of ice, and while the temp was warmish, the day-long occasional flurries and wind did not make it feel like spring at all. Went for a hike  to Arethusa Falls later, just the first signs of water moving, but still solid top to bottom. Amazing snowcover there, too. I'll try post a picture later.

Same here. Wildcat was a sheet of ice, and while the temp was warmish, the day-long occasional flurries and wind did not make it feel like spring at all. Went for a hike to Arethusa Falls later, just the first signs of water moving, but still solid top to bottom. Amazing snowcover there, too. I'll try post a picture later.

The weather sounds similar to what it felt like today at Hunter Mtn in the Catskills. Cold and windy.. With a stray flake here or there. 2 runs up high were a sheet of ice. But most runs had really good soft snow and plenty of coverage and plenty of moguls. Overall, a great day despite the wind chill factor. After next weekend I'm only aware of 3 places left that will be open..(Wildcat, Killington and Jay Peak)

Jason

Just drove up to Stowe tonight.. The corn horn calleth...

I have a feeling its going to take till 10-11am, but its going to be good today.

Perry Merrill and Gondolier (take Rim Rock) will corn up first, along with Sunrise/Standard route and Hayride.  The Front Four will be later, along with Nosedive. 

What an amazing day at Cannon Mountain Yesterday.

22" new last week and first warm day under sun made things special. 2 for 74$ tix, just find a single in the line and take advantage. 80 trails , great coverage.

The lift to summit blacks was most relaxing sun drenched chair i can recall. Ski'd the whole damn mtn and Many others had same idea this Sunday

The atmosphere @cannon is extremely inviting, just great natured friendly people everywhere. I have heard its a friendly crowd and no question the gorgeous day didn't hurt that aspect.

This weekend was great...Bolton Valley had wind hold except lower lift on Saturday utnil midday...but yesterday was amazing.

I wish I could have skied today up in the Whites, but oh well, I got a lot of days in this year compared to my recent average. It was a great late season this year. Went 8 days from Feb 18th onward.

Archived