• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May Banter Thread

Solak

For any ice cream aficionados out there, I highly reccomend a new Ben and Jerry's limited edition: scotchy scotch scotch! , it's butterscotch ice cream with butterscotch ribbons and pieces of butterscotch candy mixed in ! Quite a tasty treat on a hot, 90 degree day!

Sounds absolutely disgusting.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For any ice cream aficionados out there, I highly reccomend a new Ben and Jerry's limited edition: scotchy scotch scotch! , it's butterscotch ice cream with butterscotch ribbons and pieces of butterscotch candy mixed in ! Quite a tasty treat on a hot, 90 degree day!

After my walk, which included some duck and goose feeding (lots of babies included), I had Zaxby's followed by a bowl of delicious Breyer 's vanilla mixed with coffee. Yummy. I didn't eat it on the beach this time.

Are you ready for tropical storm Arthur next week? 12z Euro,CMC, and 18z GFS have it!

Your best shot at seeing a tropical storm this season may be prior to July 1 because of what I expect to be a high end moderate to strong El Niño. I don't expect a season with anything too bad directly hitting the east coast north of FL based on a nice sample size though nothing is set in stone obviously. Being a SE coaster, I'm not too worried about this season, which is perfectly fine with me. However, it wouldn't surprise me if part of the Gulf coast got hit with a hurricane. Your best shot at a tropical storm is from a TS+ landfalling on the Gulf as opposed to the Atlantic.

I am so sick of living in the hood!!! I am tired of hearing random gunfire at night. My bedroom window has been shot out twice in the year I've lived here. Luckily my daughters' window, which is adjacent to mine, has not. These latest gunshots, sounded like 5 or 6, sounded like they were right in front of my house. Luckily I don't see any dead bodies this time. Now I'm sitting here at midnight half drunk waiting for an officer to make contact. Again. Am I the only one here living in a terrible environment? Any suggestions? I can't move. We are broke. 

I am so sick of living in the hood!!! I am tired of hearing random gunfire at night. My bedroom window has been shot out twice in the year I've lived here. Luckily my daughters' window, which is adjacent to mine, has not. These latest gunshots, sounded like 5 or 6, sounded like they were right in front of my house. Luckily I don't see any dead bodies this time. Now I'm sitting here at midnight half drunk waiting for an officer to make contact. Again. Am I the only one here living in a terrible environment? Any suggestions? I can't move. We are broke. 

Are you renting? If so, move out to the country when your lease is up. Heck I would move into a trailer to get out of a bad neighborhood.

GSP mentions some type of sub-tropical system coming up the NC coast beyond day 7 in their AFD this AM.

6z GFS does show something off the coast, but it looks like it would stay out to sea.

Hour 192(also possible start of a cool period):

http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/Image.php?fhr=192ℑ=data%2Fgfs%2F06%2Fgfs_namer_192_850_temp_mslp_precip.gif&model=gfs&area=namer&param=850_temp_mslp_precip&group=Model+Guidance&preselected_formatted_cycle_date=20140507+06+UTC&imageSize=M&ps=model

when did you move to Waycross?

Seriously though, be safe.

Get out of there!... I would live in a camper, to have a safe place for my kids. I am assuming you live in a bad part of Fayetteville from the location on your profile. As Mack said, move in with family until you can get your feet on the ground. Kids shouldn't have to live in fear, neither do you.

NCsandhills,

If there is no family option, I'd immediately consider an extended stay hotel as an emergency move for the time being until you can figure out your next move assuming you have an emergency fund from which to withdraw. Maybe you can try to get a good deal with them if you explain your situation.

Are you renting? If so, move out to the country when your lease is up. Heck I would move into a trailer to get out of a bad neighborhood.

Agree, esp when there are children in the picture.  

We are renting indeed, and the lease is a month to month...problem is, we don't have nearly enough to move anywhere, as even the trailers require hefty security deposits + first months rent...then general moving expenses. Comes out to at least $1500 and we only have maybe $500 in the bank. :(

Can you move in with family for awhile to get on your feet and get a better place? Do it for the kids, they should not have to be in that environment .

Unfortunately my family is far away...dad in Macon GA and mom in Little Rock AR.

when did you move to Waycross?

Seriously though, be safe.

Haha. Is Waycross a bad town? I read a lot about it on here.

Get out of there!... I would live in a camper, to have a safe place for my kids. I am assuming you live in a bad part of Fayetteville from the location on your profile. As Mack said, move in with family until you can get your feet on the ground. Kids shouldn't have to live in fear, neither do you.

Bad part of Fayetteville indeed...the amount of times I've had to call 9-1-1 is not even socially acceptable. I really wish we could move even to a camper or trailer, anything...but we don't have near enough funds to finance a move. When we do, we will be leaving Fayetteville altogether. I agree they shouldn't have to live in fear, it hurts to have them in this situation...I'm just praying we don't become one of the many home invasion victims.

If there is no family option, I'd immediately consider an extended stay hotel as an emergency move for the time being until you can figure out your next move assuming you have an emergency fund from which to withdraw. Maybe you can try to get a good deal with them if you explain your situation.

No family option...an extended stay hotel might be a good idea. There are a few of them here. Those are expensive though, about $200 a week. No emergency fund either...being poor sucks, heh.

Thanks for the responses guys...stuck in a difficult situation where we can't afford where we live, and can't afford to move. Just hoping I can find a job very soon cause this is getting old...

Look into more booming economies, like Greenville , SC. Unemployment is very low and cost of living not that high. New jobs and industries coming in all the time.

greenville is booming?  pls send that over to ne ga.  things have not really recovered a lot - most are still just squeaking by.  those working are working a ton for pretty much no income :(

greenville is booming? pls send that over to ne ga. things have not really recovered a lot - most are still just squeaking by. those working are working a ton for pretty much no income :(

It seems like every other day they are announcing job fairs, new plants and companies hiring. Last week they announced BMW plant was hiring 200+ new employees, company building in Spartanburg announced yesterday 150 new jobs coming to a new plant. Plus building a Bass Pro Shop and huge shopping complex opening 2016, would bring 300+ jobs . There are jobs out there to be had for sure! I lost my job in Dec, and it took me 3 months to find one, but now I have a great job. Things really are booming around here. Cabelas just opened a month or so ago, they hired 300 people!

It seems like every other day they are announcing job fairs, new plants and companies hiring. Last week they announced BMW plant was hiring 200+ new employees, company building in Spartanburg announced yesterday 150 new jobs coming to a new plant. Plus building a Bass Pro Shop and huge shopping complex opening 2016, would bring 300+ jobs . There are jobs out there to be had for sure! I lost my job in Dec, and it took me 3 months to find one, but now I have a great job. Things really are booming around here. Cabelas just opened a month or so ago, they hired 300 people!

<spent 6 hrs. (currently out of a damn job) navigating WAU... only to find that no interviews are left.

My wife is throwing me out.  Seriously

I follow MSNBC.....  the "trend" seems 'weak'. Janet pumped today.

Gives the day players some game.

Seems a "shiate game".  No volume.

Whole Foods got really walloped today!

Edit: I got my 3 miles of walking in this evening and, once again, didn't sweat a whole bunch. There's definitely a big difference comfortwise between a TD of 60 and a TD of 70.

<spent 6 hrs. (currently out of a damn job) navigating WAU... only to find that no interviews are left.

My wife is throwing me out. Seriously

I follow MSNBC..... the "trend" seems 'weak'. Janet pumped today.

Gives the day players some game.

Seems a "shiate game". No volume.

Temp services suck, but it's also a way to get your foot in the door at the biggest companies. What is your field of work?

Sooooo....it seems I have a bird(carolina wren I think), that decided to build its nest inside a plastic grocery bag, that is holding a paint roller and drop rags, located under my house. There are five eggs in it  :D  

I'm not sure who was more startled....me or the bird....  :lol: 

I am so friggin ready for this semester to be over with lol. Note to everyone: don't take chemistry, biology, physics and calculus in the same semester. Brutal. Chem and bio final tomorrow...calc and physics final friday. I don't even care I get out of class at noon on friday I'm sleeping the rest of the friggin day hjahaha

Sooooo....it seems I have a bird(carolina wren I think), that decided to build its nest inside a plastic grocery bag, that is holding a paint roller and drop rags, located under my house. There are five eggs in it :D

I'm not sure who was more startled....me or the bird.... :lol:

Yeah, wrens build nests in the most awkward spots! I had a family of them in a hanging basket already this spring, and have read of them building nests in shirt pockets hanging on clothes lines! Once they hatch, the babies are out quickly, 7-10 days I believe. Very cool birds, and they eat a ton of insects!

Sooooo....it seems I have a bird(carolina wren I think), that decided to build its nest inside a plastic grocery bag, that is holding a paint roller and drop rags, located under my house. There are five eggs in it   :D

I'm not sure who was more startled....me or the bird....   :lol:

Snicker.  Sure sounds like classic Carolina Wren nesting.  If they can wriggle their way into it, they'll nest in it.  When I was growing up, we would sometimes find the nest starts in pockets of clothes coming off the line, or even in the clothespin bag.

This little fellow fledged from a nest in my trombone mute, which I'd left on a shelf in the garage.  The garage is full of hazards for newly fledged baby birds, so I captured and relocated them to the blackberry thicket (stopping only for a few photographs):

post-6144-0-61849600-1399515945_thumb.jp

I am so friggin ready for this semester to be over with lol. Note to everyone: don't take chemistry, biology, physics and calculus in the same semester. Brutal. Chem and bio final tomorrow...calc and physics final friday. I don't even care I get out of class at noon on friday I'm sleeping the rest of the friggin day hjahaha

Oh man.  Good luck!

I had that kind of schedule one term ... a honkin' crazy slate of Honors classes, and Honors Calculus was killing me (and my GPA).  The only break in the day was Classical Guitar, which I'd taken just for a fun-for-ME class.  It was more fun than expected since a guitar classmate became my fiance.  Decades later I still play the same husband and same guitar, but thankfully haven't had to use the Calculus much.   (That may change since I'm considering going back to grad school for another MS)

Hang in there, it will be over soon.

Archived