Newest Member
    joxey
Autumn in NNE

tamarack

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

north stratford nh!!!

Thursday: A chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 51. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Thursday Night: A chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 47.

from gray

FINALLY BEGINNING TO GET INTO MORE OF A FALL LIKE WEATHER PATTERNWITH COLD FRONTAL PASSAGES THAT ACTUALLY PRODUCE A SIGNIFICANTDROP IN TEMPERATURE. LINGERING UPPER TROUGH SWINGS THROUGH OURAREA ON THURSDAY WITH A SECONDARY SURGE OF COLDER AIR COMING WITHIT. THIS COLD FRONT WILL DROP TEMPERATURES EVEN FURTHER DURING THEDAY ON THURSDAY AND INTO THURSDAY NIGHT...WITH SOME SHOWERS AROUNDAS WELL. IF YOU LOOK CLOSELY ON THE POINT AND CLICK FORECAST YOUMAY FIND THE FIRST SNOWFLAKES IN THE FORECAST FOR THE HIGHESTMOUNTAIN PEAKS THURSDAY AND THURSDAY NIGHT...MAINLY IN THE WHITEMOUNTAINS. BY THURSDAY NIGHT TEMPERATURES AREAWIDE FALL INTO THE40S AND 30S...WITH EVEN COLDER TEMPERATURES IN THE HIGHESTELEVATIONS. HIGH TEMPERATURES WILL ONLY MAKE THE 50S AND 60S ONTHURSDAY AND FRIDAY.&&

north stratford nh!!!

Thursday: A chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 51. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Thursday Night: A chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 47.

from gray

FINALLY BEGINNING TO GET INTO MORE OF A FALL LIKE WEATHER PATTERNWITH COLD FRONTAL PASSAGES THAT ACTUALLY PRODUCE A SIGNIFICANTDROP IN TEMPERATURE. LINGERING UPPER TROUGH SWINGS THROUGH OURAREA ON THURSDAY WITH A SECONDARY SURGE OF COLDER AIR COMING WITHIT. THIS COLD FRONT WILL DROP TEMPERATURES EVEN FURTHER DURING THEDAY ON THURSDAY AND INTO THURSDAY NIGHT...WITH SOME SHOWERS AROUNDAS WELL. IF YOU LOOK CLOSELY ON THE POINT AND CLICK FORECAST YOUMAY FIND THE FIRST SNOWFLAKES IN THE FORECAST FOR THE HIGHESTMOUNTAIN PEAKS THURSDAY AND THURSDAY NIGHT...MAINLY IN THE WHITEMOUNTAINS. BY THURSDAY NIGHT TEMPERATURES AREAWIDE FALL INTO THE40S AND 30S...WITH EVEN COLDER TEMPERATURES IN THE HIGHESTELEVATIONS. HIGH TEMPERATURES WILL ONLY MAKE THE 50S AND 60S ONTHURSDAY AND FRIDAY.&&

Thursday: A chance of rain and snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 42. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Thursday Night: A chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 36.

This is awesome.

Just as awesome is that tonight is the first good freeze chance. I'm willing to put a dollar on KSLK bottoming out at 0c tonight. Clear, dry, cool day. NW winds during the day to keep fresh cool air flowing in. Calm night winds. Oh yea...KSLK is dropping like a rock.

Just to be sure I'm heading up on to a high camp on Mansfield to do a little dance by a campfire.

PF- you'll see us up there I'm sure. We'll be over on the "material girl" peak

You'll probably have 30s on Sunday morning. MOS has lower 30s for BML, HIE, and HUL with a freeze of 31F at SLK.

Yup. My guess is 37, then first frost on Friday morning, or Saturday if the wind stays up Thurs-Fri. Since my avg date for 1st frost is 9/17, that's right on target. Models also suggest that last Sunday's high of 80 will easily stand as tops for the month, barring a 2007-like late torch.

Just finished paddling Little Ossipee Lake. Beautiful day, clear and about 51F at put-in. Love hitting the water when it's smooth as glass. Can't wait for the fall colors to really kick into gear, should make for some awesome scenery on the lakes. I wonder if next Saturday I'll be paddling through a skim of ice. lol

Anyway, a chance at 30s tonight with my point showing a 40F forecast. Pity the poor folks from BDR southward.

GFS MOS product showing 39F at Morrisville-Stowe Airport tonight, while NAM MOS is showing 37F there at MVL.

BTV splitting the difference and showing 38F on the point 'n click here in town, but 33F with patchy frost up at the base of the ski resort at the 1,400ft point 'n click.

Really would love to get into the 30s tonight, looks like we've got a decent shot. Hopefully this map has a lot of 30s on it tomorrow morning...

46F here this morning.

Frost advisory

Northern oxford-northern franklin-central somerset-northern coos-

Southern coos-.

...FROST ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM MIDNIGHT TONIGHT TO 9 AM EDTSUNDAY..

Colder air filtering in from canada today will set the stage for a

Cold night tonight. High pressure will shift over northwest maine

Tonight with dry air and clear skies. This will allow good

Radiational cooling conditions and many valley locations are

Expected to see temperatures fall to the low to mid 30s overnight.

This will allow frost to form at ground level...Threatening

Vulnerable plants.

So nice to see 30s in the zone forecast again... for whatever reason, BTV included "upper 30s" here in Lamoille County while all the surrounding counties are either "near 40" or "lower 40s." The only exception is Essex County, VT where Island Pond is... they also got a "upper 30s" in that zone.

We radiate nicely here in the northern Green Mountain valleys but not sure why all of north/central VT doesn't have "upper 30s" in the zones. Must be some grid difference or something when it words the zones.

VTZ006-110815-

LAMOILLE-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...JOHNSON...STOWE

635 PM EDT SAT SEP 10 2011

.TONIGHT...CLEAR. PATCHY FOG AFTER MIDNIGHT. LOWS IN THE UPPER 30S.

NORTH WINDS AROUND 10 MPH UNTIL MIDNIGHT...BECOMING LIGHT AND

VARIABLE.

Big difference tonight from the BTV area...

VTZ005-110815-

WESTERN CHITTENDEN-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...BURLINGTON

.TONIGHT...CLEAR. LOWS IN THE UPPER 40S. NORTHEAST WINDS AROUND

10 MPH UNTIL MIDNIGHT...BECOMING LIGHT AND VARIABLE.

So nice to see 30s in the zone forecast again... for whatever reason, BTV included "upper 30s" here in Lamoille County while all the surrounding counties are either "near 40" or "lower 40s." The only exception is Essex County, VT where Island Pond is... they also got a "upper 30s" in that zone.

We radiate nicely here in the northern Green Mountain valleys but not sure why all of north/central VT doesn't have "upper 30s" in the zones. Must be some grid difference or something when it words the zones.

VTZ006-110815-

LAMOILLE-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...JOHNSON...STOWE

.TONIGHT...CLEAR. PATCHY FOG AFTER MIDNIGHT. LOWS IN THE UPPER 30S.

NORTH WINDS AROUND 10 MPH UNTIL MIDNIGHT...BECOMING LIGHT AND

VARIABLE.

Big difference tonight from the BTV area...

VTZ005-110815-

WESTERN CHITTENDEN-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...BURLINGTON

.TONIGHT...CLEAR. LOWS IN THE UPPER 40S. NORTHEAST WINDS AROUND

10 MPH UNTIL MIDNIGHT...BECOMING LIGHT AND VARIABLE.

Congrats! Makes me wish I kept my place in Bethel (ME)--38* is forecasted for there tonight, too.

Meanwhile, 61.7/43 at the Pit.

Great find! That's pretty sweet. Any light show tonight? This would be the cool, crisp airmass to see this stuff in...

Already down to 55F here at 7pm and plummeting. Going to be in the 40s quickly tonight.

There were several CME's enroute but I haven't been paying attention to their arrival times. Based upon current solar wind readings, nothing is going to happen. If it changes between now and when I head for bed around 11:30, I'll post an update.

I took a peak out, but didn't see anything to the north last night.

57.2F...coldest night of the season upcoming.

Gonna be brutally cold. We turned on the furnace because we have a lot of old people staying here tonight.

There were several CME's enroute but I haven't been paying attention to their arrival times. Based upon current solar wind readings, nothing is going to happen. If it changes between now and when I head for bed around 11:30, I'll post an update.

Gonna be brutally cold. We turned on the furnace because we have a lot of old people staying here tonight.

Are you an inn-keeper?

61.5/43

GFS MOS product showing 39F at Morrisville-Stowe Airport tonight, while NAM MOS is showing 37F there at MVL.

BTV splitting the difference and showing 38F on the point 'n click here in town, but 33F with patchy frost up at the base of the ski resort at the 1,400ft point 'n click.

We’ve dropped into the 40s F here now, but many places in the northern part of the state have been there for a while – if you go to the Mesonet Temperatures at Cape Cod Weather and zoom out to the level of the United States, you can really see Northern New England sticking out like a sore thumb with the color-coded temperatures. Boy did that temperature drop like a rock here though, we had friends over for a barbeque and people were quickly grabbing their layers. Our NWS point and click has us down for a low of 38 F here at the house as well, but they also show fog in the area, and fog always seems to keep the temperature up above what the point and click would suggest. We didn’t seem to get that August cold snap this year like we sometimes do, so this nice, crisp fall weather has seemed a bit longer in coming that usual.

Wonder how cold you'll get next weekend? I am worried about frost down here, might be really cold up there.

Archived