Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 31-February 2 Historic Winter Storm part 9

MidwestChaser

• Replies 974
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Off we go

A few flakes starting outhere, and nice winds. It is VERY cold out since the air is moist and the temp is around 20 with the wind. Just takes the warmth out of you. With the NW jog, I am thinking GR could get into some of the better and highest accumulations. Radar looks good.

http://www.earthcam.com/usa/illinois/chicago/wrigleyfield/ is an awesome webcam just outside Wrigley, well lit view at night too. I am watching the storm unfold down there from it.

took almost twice as long to get home due to 1/4 vis or less the whole way with SN and intense blowing snow keeping all the roads covered.

good to hear the SPI report of TSSN, should be a sign of things to come.

KORD 012051Z 05025G34KT 1/4SM R14R/2200V2600FT +SN BLSN BKN003 OVC015

M06/M07 A3005 RMK AO2 PK WND 06035/2016 SLP185 P0001 60001 T10561067

The early onset is really going to make the latter rush hour awful, should be nearly a full load on the majors as most didn't think it would get bad until later. Wacker Drive despite heavy traffic and treating, snowcovered.

I am watching traffic webcams. The shots from the Kennedy Junction and the Kennedy and Cumberland look awe inspiring. Pure whiteout basically.

Dude, seriously congrats. That is awesome. Biggest snowstorm you've ever seen? :)

yeah it is, and I don't ever remember there being a blizzard warning before. There's 3-4 foot drifts out there as well.

It was 73 on Saturday. 3 days later, a Blizzard.

DTX lowered Detroit's storm totals to 7-11".

That sounds about right, maybe still a hair high.

BTW, it figures once other people besides myself start the storm threads my totals head down the drain. :arrowhead:

We will see....they are going conservative....I have lowered my totals some but still think a solid 10-14 is about right....especially with the potential for convective elements in the snow.

Wow insane man! How are the roads? I heard everything is crippled.

It is, a neighbor who was coming home from work at the hospital (emergency lockdown from last night) got stuck right in front of my house on the way home. Everything is pretty much shut down though and will be that way for a couple days.

Archived