• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pattern Changing: Early December threats?

ORH_wxman

I agree with you 100%. But, the long range models have repeatedly been presenting scenarios that provoke an ethusiastic response yielding a hope that borders on expectation. It has been what seems to be a bad track record of late that causes a "here we go again" attitude.

I don't doubt we'll get our snow--and hopefully a sh*tload of it. But in the meantime, "here we go again".

Eh, the models are created by man, they are a false diety that will lead to your ruination. An unwavering faith in Ullr is all one needs. Ullr is on the move and will be here soon.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well our cold storm in early Dec is now looking like a warm rain. What an awful Euro run last nite. Just when you think you've turned the corner

These are not the words of a pious man of the cloth. The faithful are counting on you for hope in these trying times. Ullr be with you.

Pretty disheartening turn of events overnight. Hopefully just a blip..but we've now got the Euro ensembles warm for a period where they were staedfast on the cold

They weren't steadfast, but it was a change. Recall yesterday when I mentioned verbatim, they had the low on top of us. That's not a good position. I think we're gonna see big swings going forward. I wouldn't be shocked if 12z brings another change.

Pretty disheartening turn of events overnight. Hopefully just a blip..but we've now got the Euro ensembles warm for a period where they were staedfast on the cold

Fear not my son. Your faith will be challenged in many ways. This is nothing but the Devil's work. Snow will soon vanguish the infernal heat of hell.

They weren't steadfast, but it was a change. Recall yesterday when I mentioned verbatim, they had the low on top of us. That's not a good position. I think we're gonna see big swings going forward. I wouldn't be shocked if 12z brings another change.

Note that that does not necessarily mean better. it could be worse.:whistle:

Note that that does not necessarily mean better. it could be worse.:whistle:

Well I don't know what's worse than a Lake's cutter. To be honest, Ensemble members are all over the place for the next two weeks. For the last 5 days, they've shown both cutter and coastal solutions for the same storms. :arrowhead: Just anticipate all sorts of results coming up. Nothing is a lock.

The 50-50 low completely obliterates it.

It's still there on the ensembles, but what happens is that the block shifts just a little bit east, and at the same time, troughing in the Rockies is much deeper. That results in ridging on the East Coast.

We're seeing just how difficult it is to resolves these patterns.

If Friday doesn't present wintry weather, the freezing mist I have this morning may be my only wintry weather until the second week of December.......:snowman:

31.5/27

Yup. And so it goes. 2 weeks ago, we were looking at the hope of Thanksgiving snow . . . last week it was the hopes of first week of December snow . . . Now maybe the 2nd week of december . . . and so on and so forth.

:arrowhead:

Let me off the bus now. I fear the driver may send all of us off the cliff, and it's too early in the season to die.

It's still there on the ensembles, but what happens is that the block shifts just a little bit east, and at the same time, troughing in the Rockies is much deeper. That results in ridging on the East Coast.

We're seeing just how difficult it is to resolves these patterns.

Just saw the Euro ensembles, they definitely shifted a little less impressive with the block. They actually look more like they did a couple days ago when they tried to show a brief warmer period around Nov 30-Dec 1st before cooling back off again.

It will be interesting to see if they continue that theme at 12z or if we see them go more impressive again. Its been tough getting a whole lot of consistency...even the ensemble mean is wobbling a bit now.

Just saw the Euro ensembles, they definitely shifted a little less impressive with the block. They actually look more like they did a couple days ago when they tried to show a brief warmer period around Nov 30-Dec 1st before cooling back off again.

It will be interesting to see if they continue that theme at 12z or if we see them go more impressive again. Its been tough getting a whole lot of consistency...even the ensemble mean is wobbling a bit now.

That is precisely what I was referring to with my frustration at the recent long-range issues.

I'd like to see if we can get the early Dec system as modeled to set up a 50-50 low for the follow-up system.

Archived