• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 20-21 OBS

jrips27

thanks. there have been some decent returns developing overhead, but so far nothing is reaching the ground. should be interesting to see how this goes the next couple of hours. so far its looking pretty healthy

edited to add: interesting. just saw that gsp has expanded their wwa into ne ga and the upstate :thumbsup: maybe it will hold together and we can get a nice dusting or coating

Just remember...whatever I get, you will get double....LOL

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a good radar precip type and verifier. Ive used it in these minor quick hitting events and found it to be the most reliable. Looks like Chattanooga and far NW GA should changeover in the next 1/2/ hour. Hopefully the precip will hold onto its intensity and not fade/shear out anymore for you north GA guys. Good Luck! I have to admit I like Dacula site and need to see if it has a precip type radar.

http://hp3.wright-weather.com/cgi-bin2/loopradar.cgi?type=mosaic%2FNC_mosaic-&type2=20

This is a good radar precip type and verifier. Ive used it in these minor quick hitting events and found it to be the most reliable. Looks like Chattanooga and far NW GA should changeover in the next 1/2/ hour. Hopefully the precip will hold onto its intensity and not fade/shear out anymore for you north GA guys. Good Luck! I have to admit I like Dacula site and need to see if it has a precip type radar.

http://hp3.wright-we...osaic-&type2=20

I've got my StormLab radar with metars overlaid on top.

Here is a good FFC loop. The metars change during the loop which is pretty cool.

http://www.motoweatherman.com/radar/ffc.php

34 F. Moderate(to sometimes heavy) snow. Winds are at about 20 mph. Probably one of the most impressive frontal passages I've seen this season - may be the tops. Probably won't get much accumulation based on radar returns. From a weather standpoint, it's been fun to watch.

Edit: Radar returns basically show the precip shield vanish to the west. Again, the short-range models have depicted this thing almost perfectly for the TN Valley - RUC and NAM.

38.5 and light rain. The radar is fading like the ruc said it would. If this were early December I would see it through but I have seen enough snow this year to go to sleep.

Yeah doesn't look good even for light snow in our area. I'm gonna stay up to see the 0z GFS and then make my sleep decision at that time

38.5 and light rain. The radar is fading like the ruc said it would. If this were early December I would see it through but I have seen enough snow this year to go to sleep.

my thoughts exactly. 38.5 with a few rain drops, and right on cue to the RUC its disappearing before our eyes :blink: if we hadnt had any snow, i might stay up as well. i think its about time to hit the sack :jerry:

Awesome! I would be totally happy with that being how the models really showed the QPF decreasing rapidly from west to east in TN.

What was great is that I was awake to see it...and yes, the snow is a big bonus here considering model trends of the past few days.

edit: I'm guessing the weather caption under my avatar has not updated yet..airport is reporting 34 F.

What was great is that I was awake to see it...and yes, the snow is a big bonus here considering model trends of the past few days.

edit: I'm guessing the weather caption under my avatar has not updated yet!

Yep...hope to see some flakes here too BEFORE a normal bed time. Pulled an all nighter with the last storm.

I am sorry had to do my 10oclock update, but it has been snowing lightly (dime size flakes) here in Dalton since about 10pm tonight..

That gives me hope of a stray flake here.

Weaverville obs: Temp 35.2 (dropped from 37.8 in the last 30 min) Wind NW 2.6 mph Humid. 78% Light Snow.

Alas as most of you I am watching the returns just wither away as they leave E TN.

Yep... The radar returns are vanishing as they enter NC. Still ended up with a bit of light snow, although no accumulation since it was fairly light and temperatures are above freezing. Overall, pretty much what I was expecting.

Temp: 33.1 degrees

Humidity: 86%

Winds are really starting to pick up now.

Archived