Newest Member
    joxey
January 20-21 OBS

jrips27

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

45 and cloudy in dunwoody, ga.

are you expecting to see any snow overnight? im thinking it's a pretty close call for both of us. at most would be a dusting i think...

I think we both see some snow tonight. Obviously the further north you are the higher the chance. Bartow county which is like 5 miles north of me is under a WWA for up to an inch so... who knows. I think there will be a tight gradient between snow and rain.

Im thinking we could sneak out a half inch or so by sunrise.

Love how GA post a winter wx adv for 1". I understand its also bc of the black ice overnight but it does seem funny.

lol - and imagine how someone from ga feels moving to MN, hearing a forecast of 4-6" for the first storm in Nov. and wondering why major storm warnings werent issue and why on earth we actually have to get outside and go to work or school...i 4" of snow (yes i was made fun of big time)

it feels cooler out this afternoon and is cloudy. i was surprised it wasnt cooler than the temp

41 with a dewpoint of 37 (and no i am not really expecting much of anything tonight)

edited to add:

have finally had a chance to catch up (esp on the mon/tue potential) and finally checked radar and the stuff for tonight. gotta say that radar is not looking all that shabby right now in n al and n ms. keeping fingers crossed for later tonight.

unfortunately, of course, the RUC shows whats out in al now, and also shows it greatly diminishing by the time it reaches n ga (a state away, jeesh. amazing how fast it can dry up, isnt it)

edited to add:

have finally had a chance to catch up (esp on the mon/tue potential) and finally checked radar and the stuff for tonight. gotta say that radar is not looking all that shabby right now in n al and n ms. keeping fingers crossed for later tonight.

unfortunately, of course, the RUC shows whats out in al now, and also shows it greatly diminishing by the time it raches n ga (a state away, jeesh. amazing how fast it can dry up, isnt it)

Wow just saw the RUC and :yikes: We need to at least have SOME precip in order to have a shot at snow. :P 42 F currently and dropping.

Hey, since this is an observation thread, these are my current conditions:

38.2 degrees under mostly cloudy skies, not a snowflake in the air, and not really expecting anything on this side of the Apps tonight.

I hope the TN crowd enjoys their decent snow tonight: 3+ inches in some places is nothing to sneeze at in the SE. I'll get mine next week, maybe!

Light snow. temp 32. We have a very light dusting. Nothing really to get excited about.

:thumbsup: so have yall been spoiled this year as well lol? nothing exciting to see snow in alabam? [j/k btw!] usually even an inch gets me excited...and i have been known to get pumped and stay up waiting whenever i see ANY snow in ga. for some reason i am not all that up on staying awake til 3 am to see a few flakes (i have to work tomorrow :( ) of course for 1.5" or more i would be up :snowman: obviously i did stay up all night for the biggie last week. how did you do in the last storm?

Are you in Dalton right now? If you are and report snow then I'm ready here in Dahlonega.

and if it makes dahlonega i am ready in hab cty lol

the radar looks pretty darn good - the RUC has me tempering my expectations since it has been showing the precip quickly lightening up as it moves into ga. hopefully it will hold together and sweep across the state

looking for the first snow obs in ga

parts of alabama and tn are getting accumulating snow :scooter: from what i have seen poking around the blogs and obs in those areas

45 and cloudy in dunwoody, ga.

are you expecting to see any snow overnight? im thinking it's a pretty close call for both of us. at most would be a dusting i think...

i don't think we're gonna get squat out of this here. My wet bulb is 38 degrees, it would have to cool off a lot to get much of anything.

39...waiting on the colder air aloft to filter down behind the front...should be pretty soon from what happened in Nrn Alabama..

thanks. there have been some decent returns developing overhead, but so far nothing is reaching the ground. should be interesting to see how this goes the next couple of hours. so far its looking pretty healthy

edited to add: interesting. just saw that gsp has expanded their wwa into ne ga and the upstate :thumbsup: maybe it will hold together and we can get a nice dusting or coating

Archived