Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Friday, January 21st Storm Discussion II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why?

Have you read Andy's blog? I'm already looking right past this event toward next week. If we get nailed by a Major League storm next week this Winter will secure a spot in my top 5 Winters immediately. I think there is a very good chance of a bomb going off here Tues-Wed.

Bouchard's PM blog:

Another storm is coming, and although it won't be "blockbuster", it promises to hit hard and fast by the morning ride. Snow will slip in her just after midnight. 1-3 on the ground for the morning drive with lots of slipping and sliding. From mid morning (9am) to noon, however, there might be snowfall rates of 1-2" per hour as the storm both deepens and makes its closest pass to the Commonwealth.

Bouchard's PM blog:

Another storm is coming, and although it won't be "blockbuster", it promises to hit hard and fast by the morning ride. Snow will slip in her just after midnight. 1-3 on the ground for the morning drive with lots of slipping and sliding. From mid morning (9am) to noon, however, there might be snowfall rates of 1-2" per hour as the storm both deepens and makes its closest pass to the Commonwealth.

About 9'', almost as big as him.

Don't they plow up there? That would never fly around here - people would get fired or something if roads looked like that more than six hours after the last flake fell lol.

How do you think those 7+' snowbanks got there? The main highways get taken down to pavement but that vast majority of the secondary/backroads remain snowpacked through the Winter. The difference is here we know how to drive in/on snow.lol Here's a picture of the main paved highway I use (143) it traverses the crest of the Berkshires. Took it 1/15.

Interesting discrepancies amongst snowfall forecasts from our 3 main local news stations in CT. We've got from highest to lowest: NBC30 (5-10") WFSB (4-8" with locally higher) and WTNH (3-6")

EDIT: FOX61 has 5-10" statewide as well..copied off Brad lol.

I watched all 3 channels and just figured go up the middle with 4-8 in this set up.

Archived