12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
NYC Jan 20/21 Obs and Discussion Thread

am19psu

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1903-04 and 2003-04 came closest to that...22" 18" 1903-04...

Exactly 100 years apart! I remember 2003-04 was on track to beat 1995-96 until February hit. 1903-04 was yet another mod-strong la nina from back then which produced well for us.

Not according to my grandmother....

Were the late 80s and early 90s our worst multiyear period of lack of snow? (I guess I should identify "multiyear" as a 5 year period.....thus 1987-88 to 1991-92.) Our worst ten year period would, I think, have to be between 1983-84 and 1992-93.

For a 6 year period of futility, I think 1996-97 to 2001-02 would be up there.

It's between 3 and 4".

Cool, 3.5 it is..we apparently mixed with/changed to rain for 2 minutes this morning according to a few reports..lucked out though compared to places just south of us and it didnt seem to hurt our over all snowfall total much at all .the rain/snow line backed in more northwest than i thought it would...

Just a smidge under 4" IMBY.

Perfect snowstorm, a little on the wet side so it stuck to everything, little wind, enough to shovel and put on your snow boots but nothing backbreaking or crippling. 27 days of 1" of snow on the ground with a month being a sure bet even if we don't get anything from Tuesday-Wednesdays storm.

About 4 inches in central nassau...the wind has really picked up in the past 10 minutes blowing it around the parking lot at work...the roads are ok, not terrible....this winter has been awesome so far...

Next...

Im amused with all the low visibilities with blowing snow in clear blue skies lol-- it looks awesome out there!

Archived