Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Sat (Jan 22) coastal snow?

burgertime

Here is a very interesting development as of 2 AM: GAINESVILLE LGT RAIN

Per the JAX NWS office, there was no forecast for precip. there tonight with only areas closer to the east coast having a 20% chance. Again, this may be related to the fact that there is more moisture than what was assumed in the drier models. As tough as it is for me to do, I'm going to now try to get some shut-eye. By the way, it now looks like a thick overcast here in SAV...this is a good ~5 hours early.

starting to get cloudy here in myrtle too, guess I should grab some zzzz's and be up at 8. temps have risen here 5 degrees in the last 4 hours. hopefully we get to warm for temp issues?

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Channel 24 (5) is saying a wintery mix with some snow, and that "it's not going to be a big snowfall."

I think I heard those EXACT wording's in 89,, btw, I was 25 at the time.

and cloud cover is high cirrus, with a middlelayer mixed in, the moon has that "ring" around it, (ice crystals...)

current obs...

32.2 °F Clear

Windchill:25 °F

Humidity:54%

Dew Point:17 °F

Wind:7.8 mph from the North

Wind Gust:17.3 mph

Pressure:29.92 in (Steady)

seeing a few radar echos showing up, out around frying pan tower areas et al...

nite hope to wake up i a couple hours...to a surprize...

I think I heard those EXACT wording's in 89,, btw, I was 25 at the time.

CT what is up... How is life down in ILM? Going back to school here, finishing up the MS in chem or something else as I wish. This is a good track for ILM and the Crystal Coast, and given the trends, I think sig throw back SN scenario is likely... I want some pics of dendrites btw, pancakes. :snowman:

The snowiest winter on record in Downtown Charleston is 1898-1899 at 3.9" of snow...KLRO is the closest reporting station to the downtown area and is looking like 3" on the GFS. This could be a once in a hundred year snowfall season for them if this storm comes together tomorrow.

Now, before anyone tries to say that KCHS has seen more than that in a season, I realize that. However, KCHS is in North Charleston and significantly far away from the Downtown area. If you've ever been there, you know there's a world of difference between N. CHAS and Downtown.

CT what is up... How is life down in ILM? Going back to school here, finishing up the MS in chem or something else as I wish. This is a good track for ILM and the Crystal Coast, and given the trends, I think sig throw back SN scenario is likely... I want some pics of dendrites btw, pancakes. :snowman:

got a brand new in the box camera ready and charged sir.. :snowman::thumbsup:

The snowiest winter on record in Downtown Charleston is 1898-1899 at 3.9" of snow...KLRO is the closest reporting station to the downtown area and is looking like 3" on the GFS. This could be a once in a hundred year snowfall season for them if this storm comes together tomorrow.

Now, before anyone tries to say that KCHS has seen more than that in a season, I realize that. However, KCHS is in North Charleston and significantly far away from the Downtown area. If you've ever been there, you know there's a world of difference between N. CHAS and Downtown.

you couldn't be more correct with this statement.

Echoes are already showing up hugging the Charleston County coast.

Wow..6z GFS bufkit spits out over 5" for ILM!!! I'll be thrilled if I get half of that haha

Its showing about the same for me! Can you imagine what it will be like around these parts if it happens? I mean flurries to BAM! :snowman:

I really don't know what to believe. I will have to just watch and see what happens. Good Luck to you and all others on the coast!

even tho there are returns showing up on the radar none of it is falling to the ground it will be a few more hours until the atmosphere gets saturated enough for the precip to hit the ground. look at your temps and dewpoint once those get within 10 to 5 degrees of each other thats when you can expect the precip to reach the ground

Archived