• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
The Beat Goes On - JAN 21 Threat

PhineasC

DCA gets 3-5 inches of snow between 11pm tomorrow night and 11am Friday morning. Then strong CAA takes hold, blowing it all over the place with wind gusts to 40 knots and temps struggle to hit the upper 20s. Lock it in and Bank it.

Stormtracker gets the only lolli: 6 inches.

We all wish.

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to me mentioning this and us talking about this... oh around 6-7 PM or so

I'm pretty sure LWX has been too high on every snow event so far this season, except one -- the ice storm forecast which they down played until four hours after it started.. I'm not usually one to bash them, but they don't have the best track record this year of predicting snowfall amounts 30 hours before a storm is set to begin.

Actually i just watched Tom Tassylmeyer and he said 1-3" with possibly 4" right up by the PA border.

He is by far the best in our area and usually correct.

Tasselmyer is definitely one of our best.......he is calm, he doesn't hype, but he also isn't afraid to forecast huge totals when they are likely (think last winter).

His twin sons are my age and they went to my HS, and they are now at my college.

Actually i just watched Tom Tassylmeyer and he said 1-3" with possibly 4" right up by the PA border.

He is by far the best in our area and usually correct.

It's probably pretty good or sounds that way. I would use Jan 11 as a base and subtract about 1" most places (less around here hopefully). It's not as dynamic but seems to have more to work with to start.

It's probably pretty good or sounds that way. I would use Jan 11 as a base and subtract about 1" most places (less around here hopefully). It's not as dynamic but seems to have more to work with to start.

On the 11th i got 2.6" so subtracting 1" for me would not be great, but in this winter i will gladly take 1.6" and hopefully we get something bigger next week. How much did you get on the 11th?.

On the 11th i got 2.6" so subtracting 1" for me would not be great, but in this winter i will gladly take 1.6" and hopefully we get something bigger next week. How much did you get on the 11th?.

my equation might not be that good... ;)

i got 1.5

anyway, his range is solid i think. down here i'd lean toward the low end but could see 3"+ up near the border and ne of balt without much trouble.

my equation might not be that good... ;)

i got 1.5

anyway, his range is solid i think. down here i'd lean toward the low end but could see 3"+ up near the border and ne of balt without much trouble.

I get your drift though, i am also excited because even if we get 2" it should stick around for a while with the upcoming cold.

When you start posting the cras i know you are desperate and it might really be time for a break :P .

my new goal is to determine the usefulness of the cras. it might be the best model out there at hour 12.

It predicts what happened yesterday like nobody's business

either that or Ji's mood swings

you cant get stuff like this anywhere else though and this is while the tiny vort was moving north on other models already.

post-1615-0-70701200-1295502715.gif

Archived