joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 17-19 Mid-Atlantic obs/disco continued

nw baltimore wx

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Freezing fog was glazing the car windows at Montgomery Mall a couple of hours ago as well. The NW 'burbs are still holding onto the sub-freezing temps, but that will probably rise as the precip moves through. The next period to watch is right around sunrise in the morning, where models are still suggesting freezing fog for some of the NW areas.

MDZ003>006-009-010-502-VAZ042-WVZ051>053-191100-/O.NEW.KLWX.ZR.Y.0002.110119T0432Z-110119T1100Z/WASHINGTON-FREDERICK MD-CARROLL-NORTHERN BALTIMORE-MONTGOMERY-HOWARD-CENTRAL AND EASTERN ALLEGANY-LOUDOUN-MORGAN-BERKELEY-JEFFERSON-INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...HAGERSTOWN...FREDERICK...WESTMINSTER...GAITHERSBURG...COLUMBIA...CUMBERLAND...LEESBURG...MARTINSBURG...CHARLES TOWN1132 PM EST TUE JAN 18 2011...FREEZING RAIN ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM EST WEDNESDAY...THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON HASISSUED A FREEZING RAIN ADVISORY...WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AMEST WEDNESDAY.* PRECIPITATION TYPE...LIGHT FREEZING RAIN.* ACCUMULATIONS...TRACE.* TIMING...LIGHT FREEZING RAIN WILL SPREAD INTO THE AREA BY MIDNIGHT AND CONTINUE UNTIL TEMPERATURES RISE ABOVE FREEZING LATE TONIGHT.* TEMPERATURES...NEAR 32 DEGREES.

1132 PM EST TUE JAN 18 2011...FREEZING RAIN ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM EST WEDNESDAY...THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON HASISSUED A FREEZING RAIN ADVISORY...WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AMEST WEDNESDAY.* PRECIPITATION TYPE...LIGHT FREEZING RAIN.* ACCUMULATIONS...TRACE.* TIMING...LIGHT FREEZING RAIN WILL SPREAD INTO THE AREA BY MIDNIGHT AND CONTINUE UNTIL TEMPERATURES RISE ABOVE FREEZING LATE TONIGHT.* TEMPERATURES...NEAR 32 DEGREES.

[/font]

ZR here in Clarksburg for 20 minutes now. Temp dropped from 31.2F to 30.6F at onset and holding. Looks like 0.05" coating so far.

Yay more freezing rain here, just spent 10 minutes scraping off my car encased in 3" of snow covered by about 1/2" of ice. Its been freezing fog up here all day and slowly accumulating on everything. Now its 31 and freezing rain again. I doubt it will do much on treated roads but my driveway is a sheet of ice again. It looks really nice out though, about 5" of snow caked in a sheet of ice. Finally looks like its winter here.

i cant wait for spring

We had a delay this morning (ridiculous, I know) but with the delay we were able to drive in with the sun already risen. Between the sun light, the melting snow, and the rising fog from the little snow piles, it felt like a late March day.

I'm surprised to say it, but without a big snow, I'm ready for spring too.

We had a delay this morning (ridiculous, I know) but with the delay we were able to drive in with the sun already risen. Between the sun light, the melting snow, and the rising fog from the little snow piles, it felt like a late March day.

I'm surprised to say it, but without a big snow, I'm ready for spring too.

yeah when i left for work this morning wakling to the metro it had a early spring feel to it. i know it's fleeting sadly but i guess it's a good sign overall.. things start to ease soon climo wise. :)

I got up to 52 today. I wouldn't mind more such days.

I wouldn't mind it at all if it were going to be a string of nice days like this. Alas this was just a one day teaser, and worse yet, it came just when my local area was starting to build some small semblence of a snowpack. I am not home yet so hopefully it survived since temps only got to about 42 out my way, but likely it was just enough to kill my nice little wintery scenery so that I can enjoy brown bare ground again while we freeze the next week.

Dude 40 here feels awesome. I would kill for 60. We are 24 hours away from re-entering the freezer, I'm about done with this crap. Living in the city in the winter sucks.

Well, you are the idiot who lives in New York City. I don't think I could be paid enough to deal with that **** all the time. I'd go back to Staunton and stuck shopping at Wally World before I'd go to NYC.

Archived