Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 17-19 Mid-Atlantic obs/disco continued

nw baltimore wx

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or your thermometer busted low by 5 degrees as always arrowheadsmiley.png

Around here it got to around 35 and lots of melting but trees still have the nice look to them.

Well the 3 closest stations within a 5 mile radius of me (olney golf park, sandy spring friends, and blake hs) are all reporting high temp at 32 degrees...

Melting here wasnt extreme but wasnt minimal. IE My sidewalk/driveway/car/the grass are still covered in ice.

My NWS point and click now has rain and 33. But I'm around 32.5 right now per weatherbug.

If you're looking for sig winter weather you won't get it dude lol.

well we are suppose to get around .01-.25'' of precip so if this is mostly ice then it would reinforce whatever we got yesterday.. definitely not significant but it could cause some messiness for the morning commute.

well we are suppose to get around .01-.25'' of precip so if this is mostly ice then it would reinforce whatever we got yesterday.. definitely not significant but it could cause some messiness for the morning commute.

It's going to be mostly/all RAIN.

Temperatures will warm up once precip moves in. We may end with a few flakes.

It's going to be mostly/all RAIN.

Temperatures will warm up once precip moves in. We may end with a few flakes.

Totally agree. CAD aside, when you have surface temps in the 40's in WV, SW VA, and even Garrett Co, temps are going to rise as soon as the precip falls. If temps were in the mid 20's in Central PA with a N wind I would consider ice but ain't gonna happen tonight.

Up there you could see some snow but nothing over an inch.

Nearly clear skies are causing temps to drop, I would think. Once the cloud cover moves in, and especially once the precip gets here, I would think the layers will mix down and it'll warm up. Hope so anyway. One crappy snow day is enough. I hate wasting them.

Up there you could see some snow but nothing over an inch.

I was wondering. A peek out the "window" shows skies have cleared almost completely (nice near full moon is illuminating all the ice covered trees on my drive home) and, while the lowest levels are saturated, the temp in Clarksburg has dropped 1.6F to 29.2F in the last hour. Untreated roads with no traffic have frozen very quickly. could be an interesting first hour when precip starts.

Just a question, but the radar in my area shows some precip being evaporated. The composite and base radars don't match up. Wouldn't this further cool the atmosphere?

Only if the wet bulb temperature allows it. For instance you have to have dewpoint/temp differences to get the cooling. If your dew and air temp are near or the same as each other it won't cool.

Archived