12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Southern App. Surprise Heavy Snow Possible Tonight

FoothillsNC

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I need to move just a little way up e road to nc lol. Congrats to those getting snow (really close by :weight_lift:) and to foothills for calling for the snow. 35.8 here' so temp is slowly dropping. Radar shows a little frozen precip edging into ne ga but looks l Iike the precip is about to wind down for mby

I need to move just a little way up e road to nc lol. Congrats to those getting snow (really close by :weight_lift:) and to foothills for calling for the snow. 35.8 here' so temp is slowly dropping. Radar shows a little frozen precip edging into ne ga but looks l Iike the precip is about to wind down for mby

You sound like me and my co-workers/friends. We are greedy as heck and ain't satisfied yet! I want more dang it, I guess the fact that it's just now getting time for our chances to increase normally I almost expect another one...scary :guitar:

You sound like me and my co-workers/friends. We are greedy as heck and ain't satisfied yet! I want more dang it, I guess the fact that it's just now getting time for our chances to increase normally I almost expect another one...scary :guitar:

It doesn't help that it's so close (two counties north and a little extra elevation makes a huge difference).

It's interesting aville was a mix but closer to ga it was snowing. I guess it's due to either elevation differences or the heaviest returns moved just to the east of a'ville. As most of us know, these razor thin marginal events can either be awesome surprises or more depressing to watch the temps and radar and realize the cold wont make it in quite in time

its amazing what a little elevation will do in an event like this.. at my house located near a river bottom it is 80% rain and 20% snow but just 300-400 ft above me i drove up to see 80% snow.

Lol. Guess that answers my rhetorical post above....sounds like elevation is it for tonight. I have seen that too (precip change with a few hundred feet difference in elevate ). If I am on the snow side I am fine, but if I am on the rain side it's not so fun to know that the snow is that freaking close

What part of wnc are you in?

its amazing what a little elevation will do in an event like this.. at my house located near a river bottom it is 80% rain and 20% snow but just 300-400 ft above me i drove up to see 80% snow.

Well, I drove from the bottom of my neighborhood to the top where I am(about 200 ft) and went from rain to snow. But, it doesn't look like there is enough on radar to do damage this far NW.

Temp down to 35.6 degrees... but still just mainly rain with some snowflakes mixed in. The writing is on the walls here as it looks like the heaviest precipitation will pass just to our east... meaning we won't get much if any accumulation in metro asheville.

Hate to agree with you Phil but, sounds about right. Just got home a few minutes ago and had a mix on the drive. Mostly light rain now. Man you could tell it was really close because every time the precip. would pick up it would go to mostly sleet & snow. If we just could have had the bulk of the moisture a little more N and W we would have been in business. Hope some of the bunch further east can cash in!

Weaverville obs: 35.7° very light rain.

Just dropped below freezing at 31.8. My thirty year old Computemp2 says it is 31 so it's safe to say that anything up this way will be frozen at least for a few hours. The dew point is currently 27 so still some room for the temperature to drop a degree or two once the precipitation moves in. The 23z RUC shows about .25" up this way between now and 6am.

Archived