Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
JAN 20th-22nd potential..

NaoPos

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Likely overamplified, as is typical of the NAM in this range.

In this scenario it isn't. It has a ton of backing from SREF and they have been hinting at potential for extreme amplification and a very active eastern PAC ridge. GFS/ECM keep amplifying the northern stream diving south. We will see though--this NAM is not unrealistic though--good or bad.

I can not believe people would be worried about surface temps at 84 hours out..however its not a torch either....

it's really more about track than simply surface temps. with that track, it would rain. not that the NAM track is necessarily correct, but with that track... rain.

it's really more about track than simply surface temps. with that track, it would rain. not that the NAM track is necessarily correct, but with that track... rain.

Gents! Just trying to inject some fun. I fully understand much can change for the better or worse for that matter. Such sensitive folks in here!

If it phases early like that, look out. Not saying it will happen, but it's a concern of mine. A solution like this in my opinion is considerably more likely than an OTS miss. Phasing this season has been as often and strong as possible. Without a blocking ridge north of us, there's nothing to stop it from becoming a nasty inland cutter if the phase is as strong and early as the NAM sees it.

Yes i agree, buts its model analysis, thats what we are doing. Look at The mid levels they are torched, southerly wind. Allentown even changes over.

Well, lets see I have seen people talking about the ECM and how accurate the ECM is and how it really does not have a storm etc. I have seen people talking about the GGEM and how it over phases etc. Well now the NAM supports the GGEM with intensity etc but its the NAM and temps etc in the long range. Furthermore the GGEM which sometimes can have a warm bias at 12 Z has all basically snow...So i feel pretty comfortable when saying that I am not worried about what the NAM shows when the GGEM has Snowman.gif

Archived