12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
JAN 20th-22nd potential..

NaoPos

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually dramatically less amplified through 54 hrs IRT the shortwave (southern and northern shortwaves both included)..but heights are higher on the east coast w/ less confluent flow.

Northern stream diving in with a much more SE component. Most global guidance has settled in on a more S-SE digging northern stream trough--worth noting the main belt of westerlies in the northern stream was partially within the Alaska RAOB network tonite. The GFS stopped with its amplification trends--so they very well may be catching on to better observations with the northern stream.

not that it matters, but nyc would be rain on this run. 2m temp is a good bit abv frz and all the way up to 925mb is to

Yeah Manhattan would probably mix with rain for a while but they'd start and end as snow. Probably a better storm for the suburbs, and I'm not just saying that because I live there. Nice CCB signal to change everyone back to snow as heights crash with the storm bombing out to our NE.

Surface temps sort of unimportant this far out...the track is basically a snow-->rain (sleet outside the City)-->snow type of deal. There's a good amount of arctic air entrained in the system which would cause everyone to flip back to frozen quickly with the 1029mb arctic high coming down behind the storm.

Yeah Manhattan would probably mix with rain for a while but they'd start and end as snow. Probably a better storm for the suburbs, and I'm not just saying that because I live there. Nice CCB signal to change everyone back to snow as heights crash with the storm bombing out to our NE.

Surface temps sort of unimportant this far out...the track is basically a snow-->rain (sleet outside the City)-->snow type of deal. There's a good amount of arctic air entrained in the system which would cause everyone to flip back to frozen quickly with the 1029mb arctic high coming down behind the storm.

yup, just need the surface low to be further south. Like i said 0z gfs is beautiful for everyone.

yup, just need the surface low to be further south. Like i said 0z gfs is beautiful for everyone.

Yes, 0z GFS is a great storm. The 6z NAM is pretty exciting too, definitely would be a dynamic storm with some good winds as the low bombs to 980mb and a 1030mb high comes in behind. CCB would have some great ratios too, but I can't get particularly excited until the Euro comes on board with more than a nuisance storm.

Yeah maybe not. Full phase or not the advection patterns are not as good in the low levels through 60. GOM is not as in play here. Perhaps this will end about the same.

Sounds as if the GFS and ECM are now in agreement with the event being a minor to moderate one for the I-95 corridor area....brings about .3" QPF to NYC, all powder. Not a big storm but will be a nice addition to the snowpack before the cold shot.

Sounds as if the GFS and ECM are now in agreement with the event being a minor to moderate one for the I-95 corridor area....brings about .3" QPF to NYC, all powder. Not a big storm but will be a nice addition to the snowpack before the cold shot.

Yeah just saw E-Wall through 84. Not nearly as good as 0Z for the GFS. One major trend I have seen all night is a slightly less amplified northern stream and a slight SE component to the digging trough. IN short--a later phase and less GOM influence--this has huge implications for rapid positive feedbacks. In some ways this is good--and it is much more likely this is all snow for the region instead of a snow to rain to snow mess.

Yeah just saw E-Wall through 84. Not nearly as good as 0Z for the GFS. One major trend I have seen all night is a slightly less amplified northern stream and a slight SE component to the digging trough. IN short--a later phase and less GOM influence--this has huge implications for rapid positive feedbacks. In some ways this is good--and it is much more likely this is all snow for the region instead of a snow to rain to snow mess.

I do not have the good images from Raleighs cause they never updated but what is your thoughts on the NOGAPS being more N as well. Its not amped up by any means ...

But with this being a fast progressive model...would we not think that this would be more to the SE then what it is?

6 Z run actually takes a similar track but ends up further NW at 84 hrs out

The sun angle will be the only thing that will end this winter, not the pattern ending. We probaly have 10-12 more snow storms and 3 more Kocin events till we close the book on this winter. We'll get our 40's and rain this April, May and June. We'll be struggling this summer to get to 80.

I'm gonna hold you to this :whistle: After all the oil I'm going through this winter your "forecast" there means I won't have to run the AC as often this summer so the costs should balance out.

GFS looks great in the long range, tons of storminess and lots of cold air over Southeast Canada. Starting to look like a 93-94 type winter with slightly less cold and slightly more snow.

yea.. I especially like the sub 950 mb low it is projecting in fantasy land.. lol I love winters that feature category 4 hurricanes :thumbsup:

Archived