12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
JAN 20th-22nd potential..

NaoPos

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nobody is cheering for you to NOT get snow but if it shows a big hit for the coast, then of course we are going to cheer. Same as if it showed a big hit for you and us getting rain. None of us control the weather but if it shows a snowstorm for our backyard we're not going to hide that excitement because some people aren't getting it.

I can't stand how everyone is just cheering this on in the faces of those who have been shafted with snow all season long. Why can't those who have been missing out enjoy the snow fun? I don't need 1-2' each storm but I good 6-10" storm would be nice to have. Way below the seasonal averages here for snow and this one that hit today 1.5" plus about some ice don't know how much but it was significant, not major.

No offense, but those who have been "shafted" the last two seasons have historically been the ones who receive the most snow. Just to keep thiings in perspective.

I think he should lighten up a bit, but I can see his point. If you live an area that climatologically favors snow, and you repeatedly keep missing out to an area doesn't, it can get frustrating, especially to a snow lover.

Part of the problem is what is happening north and east of the system, and amazingly, it can be traced way back to the beginning of the run... the initial shortwave over the great lakes moves into canada and gets strung out into shear vorticity. When this next system approaches, it prevents any ridging out of ahead of this system, so it's not able to get the divergent height fields to intensify it and move it northward.

Even though not as strong as the NAM, big trends in that direction. GFS looks like its going to take 1-2 more runs to figure things out.

actually has trended away from it's previous two runs with a less amplified faster solution. So in this case the trend on the GFS is poor, not saying that I believe what it's currently depicting however

Man, you really do not get it do you? The reason why some posters are really upset is because many people in the rural areas of east central PA rely on normal heavy snow events for their income. Their normal snowfall is 50+ inches a year. Snow plowing has been virtually non-existent. Also many industries rely on water from the snow melt that is incorporated in the beverages that you drink like Deer Park, Niagara, Perrier, Coke, Yeungling and of course Samuel Adams from that heavy snowfall. This not only affects the beverage industry but the snow skiing industry and other food industries like Turkey Hill Ice Cream, Lebanon Bologna and your favorite, Hershey Foods. Before you get all "pissy" and open your mouth next time, think about what you are reallysaying. Last year, Eastern PA came real close to having a drought emergency and the way the storms are now orming, we maybe heading that direction again. These posters have the right to be upset and you should be a hell of lot more understanding and chill out by "relaxing" by trying to provide a more positive outlook.

That might be one of the craziest responses I have ever heard. I'll give you the snow plowing but thats about it. It's not like were in a drought....

Man, you really do not get it do you? The reason why some posters are really upset is because many people in the rural areas of east central PA rely on normal heavy snow events for their income. Their normal snowfall is 50+ inches a year. Snow plowing has been virtually non-existent. Also many industries rely on water from the snow melt that is incorporated in the beverages that you drink like Deer Park, Niagara, Perrier, Coke, Yeungling and of course Samuel Adams from that heavy snowfall. This not only affects the beverage industry but the snow skiing industry and other food industries like Turkey Hill Ice Cream, Lebanon Bologna and your favorite, Hershey Foods. Before you get all "pissy" and open your mouth next time, think about what you are really saying. Last year, Eastern PA came real close to having a drought emergency and the way the storms are now forming, we maybe heading that direction again. These posters have the right to be upset and you should be a hell of lot more understanding and chill out by "relaxing" by trying to provide a more positive outlook.

This post seems overly dramatic with a bit of a fairytale element too. for as many people as the snow helps...the snow also hurts. We rarely look at the flip-side here because we all want snow but powerful northeast snowstorms are extremely expensive and sometimes even create loss of life. That isn't to say we shouldn't root for them, but lets also not get all dramatic when you're in a rut.

Sounds like you need to relax. Prior to the 09-10 winter the east coast was in a several year MECS drought. Eventually the pattern will change and you will get your snow. If your going to get all pissy just because your missing out on some snow I feel bad for you. :guitar:

What? Do you have zero knowledge of what has been happening around here over the last decade? You must be like 14 years old.

Wow, this thread really is showing the continued need to split NYC/LI from eastern PA at all costs necessary when it comes to winter storms. :whistle:

From someone who has lived in both locations over the past 30 years, they are two completely different worlds weatherwise.

Here's hoping both areas get a solid 5-10" snow on Friday. :hug:

Right now it looks good for both areas.

Archived