• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
JAN 20th-22nd potential..

NaoPos

Speak for yourself.. I could use something to track after this icy mess today(Tuesday). It does look like 0z NAM is an outlier though and the GGEM is a good compromise between the GFS and NAM. Still awaiting the euro tho

For my backyard of course. :P

Still though, the overrunning aspect of the storm looks to make it a nice event even if the coastal doesn't hug the coast. Nice southerly inflow aloft bringing Gulf moisture north. The coastal of course would be a bonus, but 3-6" or something like that seems pretty likely at this juncture.

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Major analog in my opinion, Feb 3-5 1995. Especially given the current look of the models, with the ggem almost being a carbon copy of that storm

http://www.meteo.psu.edu/~gadomski/NARR/1995/us0204.php

NESIS 1

http://www1.ncdc.noa...950204-1.43.jpg

Thats about the closest one I could find as well...this is a strange storm track wise the way its shown now.

Well currently right now you have the NAM ramped up....

You have the GGEM still ramped up with a decent amount of QPF

You have the GFS & GFS ensembles more ramped up ...

This is the UK

Not sure what its QPF output would be ....

So it seems like at this point majority of the guidance is ramped more then the ECM..

You are referring to the storm next Monday night correct?.

Can you elaborate Tombo? Thanks

yea its the storm next tues....it develops a weak low off hse that moves ne then gets cut off and sits just off nj coast dumps light to then mod/hvy then back to lgt precip from hrs 174 to 216...about 1-1.25 qpf from phl to nyc and .75-1 from dc to balt

yea its the storm next tues....it develops a weak low off hse that moves ne then gets cut off and sits just off nj coast dumps light to then mod/hvy then back to lgt precip from hrs 174 to 216...about 1-1.25 qpf from phl to nyc and .75-1 from dc to balt

Thanks Tombo im sure there is not a snowball's chance in hell that it snows for almost 2 days here and we get anything close to that much snow, but i guess it is another one of those EURO day 7 fantasy storms.

Archived