• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
January 17-19th Plains/MW/Lakes Storm Potential

A-L-E-K

That's why i think Henry's thought that i posted is interesting. No model shows his scenerio so he seems to be going against them attm.

Joe Bistardi thinks the stronger low this time will be the western low which cuts somewhere between central Ohio and marked just east of Pittsburgh for that track and for a secondary to form off the coast but won't be a big deal for the eastern weenies because of the western low being stronger. He pin pointed the Ohio Valley as a heavy snow axix FWIW :arrowhead:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this thing can get its act together things are gonna get very cold. Madison is projected to get down to -12 °F in the wake of this thing on the 12z GFS, even though it's just a mess. I bet sub -20 °F temps are easily possible if it's more coherent, maybe temps around -30 °F if it bombs. But that likely won't happen of course.

Agree...and the models have been going back-and-forth for the past 4-5 days on the arctic air invasion. There is a lot of potential for a bitterly cold arctic dump...but we'll have to see if it can be realized.

This is the 18z gfs but the track of the low is decent but still warm air is working pretty far north of the low which I think is an error. Folks north of the low will likely see ice then snow... Just my thought right now...

Maybe..the low is coming out of the NW, not the SW..so the flow is not ESE or E, ENE..its S.

So it will be easier for Warm Air to get north.

not to be greedy but if we could get that sfc low to turn more northeast as it nears indy, northeast IL would be golden. great run for here.

The GFS has spit out some nice looking low tracks today, this one doesn't start as south as the others but still takes the 850 low ona real nice track for this area, something around hr 144 classic. I'll have to temper expectations until the Euro plays ball.

I still think set up screams ice storm potential, even if we hover around 32 for a while, with extremely cold surface temperatures things could get ugly.

Certainly is a possibility. Lots to sort out in the next several days.

Plus, Hoosier likes him some ice storms. :lol:

Archived