Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January 17-19th Plains/MW/Lakes Storm Potential

A-L-E-K

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think its overdoing the WAA, the strength of the low level jet is meager at best. and we will be at -12C a day beforehand. Unless that LLJ is > 30kt I don't buy us gaining 12c at 850mb. Also a high over Quebec would force at the very least cold air at the surface with a stiff NE to E wind.

I think its overdoing the WAA, the strength of the low level jet is meager at best. and we will be at -12C a day beforehand. Unless that LLJ is > 30kt I don't buy us gaining 12c at 850mb.

Yeah I was thinking the same.. Look at that cold air mass right before the storm tho, still to early, but I'm glad we have all of these systems lined up lol, how cool.. we wont be bored for 2 weeks.

gfs is interesting....low takes 24 hrs to move from n. tx to s. IL. We get everything but the kitchen sink by the time it finally gets to cleveland wednesday

That's because the initial storm craps out while the 2nd storm dives in and takes over. You can see this between 108 and 114,120.

he said he was just joking, its just like me saying i'd like to see all of the midwest's snow wiped out and i get 2 feet of snow just wishcasting for his own backyard. BTW i actually do hate ohio but then again i'm a Michigan fan devilsmiley.gif

not to dwell, but i think the problem is if baum was joking it probably would have been more effective if he was replying to an ohioan...not Alek.

Michigan / OSU....a lot of folks here in columbus are devastated by rodriguez's firing :cry:

not to dwell, but i think the problem is if baum was joking it probably would have been more effective if he was replying to an ohioan...not Alek.

Michigan / OSU....a lot of folks here in columbus are devastated by rodriguez's firing :cry:

at least u guys down south aren't happy with the hire thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

we'll see how these northern waves interact with the pv it wouldn't take much on any model run to see a phase (haven't checked new ggem or ecmwf)

Not enamoured with how many GFS ensemble members are warm with this system.

Yep...I am concerned about a sloppy mix event here in northern IN. You could miss out on the slop over your way even if a farther northwest solution verifies given a possible coastal transfer limiting low level WAA. Guidance is keying in on different energy within the longwave trough so who knows what will happen. At least we have something to follow.

at least u guys down south aren't happy with the hire thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

we'll see how these northern waves interact with the pv it wouldn't take much on any model run to see a phase (haven't checked new ggem or ecmwf)

that's the point....rodriguez was the best thing to ever happen for osu fans...he never beat them.

by the way, i could care less either way....(see sig)..:scooter:

Archived