Newest Member
    amirah5
PHL Jan 11-12 Regional Obs Thread

blue sky

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Tony

Really coming down here in NW Chesco....nice banding showing on the radar to the southwest of the area...impressive radar.

Temp 26.3

Paul,

Glad to hear its coming down somewhere. It just started snowing here. Just went over my cheat sheets from today, going with the faster GFS the best crosshair (omega/snow growth) in the PHL area peaks around 03z, based on radar looks like its going to be good for at least next couple of hours, kind of disconcerting about the sern part of our CWA, but looks like the radar is starting to fill in there also.

Good luck everyone. :thumbsup:

Qtown, that radar image speaks volumes. Transfer underway. Talk about a rapid up tick.

Can eveyone come down from the ledge now please?

:lol:

I've been telling everyone that the worst would be tonight...particularly 11-5....but hey, 7 PM is a good start time as well!

Coming down a good clip here in Delco/ Drexel Hill. Coating on the untreated roadways, main streets getting there. This wet stuff takes longer to stick. I even had to put my wiperblades in 2nd gear! Lol enjoy it everyone! Jan snowstorm in mod La Nina... We're winners just for that!

There will no doubt be more to the east and NE of here....but as of right now it is probably the heaviest snow I have seen this season...have a good shot at reaching 3 or 4" I would guess....but we shall see. G'luck over there!

Temp now 26.2

as of 730pm 0.8" so far

Paul,

Glad to hear its coming down somewhere. It just started snowing here. Just went over my cheat sheets from today, going with the faster GFS the best crosshair (omega/snow growth) in the PHL area peaks around 03z, based on radar looks like its going to be good for at least next couple of hours, kind of disconcerting about the sern part of our CWA, but looks like the radar is starting to fill in there also.

Good luck everyone. :thumbsup:

Archived