Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
PHL Jan 11-12 Regional Obs Thread

blue sky

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Puking snow right now in Pittston, close to 2 inches already. I know the heaviest will be done by midnight but this is a nice thumping--awaiting the wrap around for another 1-2 inches tomorrow that will easilly get us over 4-5 here in the great wyoming valley.

Congrats Jim. Nice to see you getting some heavy snow up that way.

I have a feeling that you and the nam are onto something. I see this quick hitting and then blossoming from NYC north but for central jersey to PA this is our storm now...at worst maybe 3 AM. Im not impressed by the radar over my head. It looks good but does not seem to resulting in anything but light snows, just a dusting on ground

Light snow? :huh: It's been snowing moderately over the past hour or so and now it's starting to get even heavier with big flakes coming down. I'm already closing in on an inch.

Areas that thought they were going to get slammed are getting rain. Earlier today I posted an MM5 Temp animation and it showed the warm air encroaching on 1/3 of NJ

Only places that its raining, are maybe 10-20 miles inland of the coast, everywhere else is snow. This was expected. Hence why it's only a WWA at the coast.

Archived