• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
PHL Jan 11-12 Regional Obs Thread

blue sky

Since I live only 7 miles from the Upton NWS CWA (Union County), I often post in both of these threads - and as an aside, there's no way Middlesex County, which borders the 5 boroughs of NYC, should be in the Philly CWA. Anyway, as of 9:00 pm, moderate snow with some big flakes; have picked up a quick 1/2" in the past hour or so. 27F. Radar looks awesome. Would love to get another double digit storm. After reading so many posts conjecturing on the eventual track of the coastal, will be interesting to see where it goes and where the heaviest bands set up. Crossing fingers...

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Areas that thought they were going to get slammed are getting rain. Earlier today I posted an MM5 Temp animation and it showed the warm air encroaching on 1/3 of NJ

Yeah... I think I'm gonna bust down there... I didn't pay much attention to the thermal profiles but told a couple friends that they'd probably end up with about as much if not more than Trenton. Woops... next time I should probably look before answering that question :arrowhead:

Interesting to see ACY with an E wind and rain, but WWD has just shifted to a W wind and now reporting snow and 2.5 mile visibility. So changeover coming from west and south. Rest of Cape May county shore and eastern Atlantic county should gradually changeover next few hours.

Interesting to see ACY with an E wind and rain, but WWD has just shifted to a W wind and now reporting snow and 2.5 mile visibility. So changeover coming from west and south. Rest of Cape May county shore and eastern Atlantic county should gradually changeover next few hours.

Nice post...welcome to the board....look foward to ur insight.

mod snow here in holmdel around a half inch

Indeed, this changeover has been quite dynamic.

I see that it is down to 32 degrees in the Villas. The Wildwood Automatic Reporting station shows 34, but that hasn't updated since 8:55.

Temp here is down a degree to 36. I guess it's going to start dropping in the next couple hours and switching over to snow.

I see that it is down to 32 degrees in the Villas. The Wildwood Automatic Reporting station shows 34, but that hasn't updated since 8:55.

Temp here is down a degree to 36. I guess it's going to start dropping in the next couple hours and switching over to snow.

I've got the 9:15 update, its still 34. FYI, that station only reports in celsius (i.e., its actually reporting 1C which translates to 34F).

I've got the 9:15 update, its still 34. FYI, that station only reports in celsius (i.e., its actually reporting 1C which translates to 34F).

Oh, thank you for that clarification.

The rain is dying down here and I am seeing a few flakes mixed in. Still 36 degrees.

Archived