joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
PHL Jan 11-12 Regional Obs Thread

blue sky

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Occasional/intermittent flurries - 6 miles N of PNE. Apparently some of the airline mets are not so bullish on a big event @KPHL anymore. Flight dispatchers have just started to redispatch flight crews for Wed am that they had CX'd or repackaged earlier.

I don't know, the precip coming from the OV looks pretty serious. If the low on the coast completely misses us for those east of i95, and if this energy holds from the OV I could easily see our areas reaching our goals. Not a foot, but 3 - 6" with localized 5 - 7" seems very likely.

If that turned out to be the case, I believe places like Lancaster would do better but not sure how the LV or Poconos would do.

I'm going to get a beer to celebrate what appears to be LNS/MDT and surround "snow dome" vicinities sitting in the bullseye of some heavier...and expanding returns between the susq river and altoona. Looks to be headed straight for us....

Now I hope I didn't jinx it.

Nut

I'm going to get a beer to celebrate what appears to be LNS/MDT and surround "snow dome" vicinities sitting in the bullseye of some heavier...and expanding returns between the susq river and altoona. Looks to be headed straight for us....

Now I hope I didn't jinx it.

Nut

I agree I'm happily surprised for now.thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Beer sounds like a good idea, or maybe even a Capt & Cokepepsi.gif

Archived