• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
PHL Jan 11-12 Regional Obs Thread

blue sky

The Upper low which is currently over western PA and Eastern Ohio ..correct?

That is what i am referring to as the primary because it is my understanding that this is what is going to hand off to the coastal .

If it is not that...then please point me to the image above from SPC where this "low" is...

No. The "primary" is the *surface* low over the midwest, not the upper-level low. So long as the primary remains potent, the coastal will struggle.

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No. The "primary" is the *surface* low over the midwest, not the upper-level low. So long as the primary remains potent, the coastal will struggle.

I have circled the area of low pressure on the 18 Z NAM as reference for 00z tonight.

This low pressure area circled is basically in the same general vicinity as the SPC image that i posted before..

Now what you are saying is its not this area of low pressure that transfers to the coastal?

I have circled the area of low pressure on the 18 Z NAM as reference for 00z tonight.

This low pressure area circled is basically in the same general vicinity as the SPC image that i posted before..

Now what you are saying is its not this area of low pressure that transfers to the coastal?

No, what you circled is the primary. That's a surface pressure prog.

What I'm saying is that the primary appears to be significantly stronger than expected. The primary must weaken to allow the coastal to strengthen... as long as the primary remains as potent as it is now, the coastal will struggle in its development. This will likely delay its development until its too far NE to have a big impact on much of NJ and E PA.

Archived