Newest Member
    joxey
The day has come, January 11-12 Snowstorm

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This should make Kevin happy.

Yeah I thought even last night conservative was still the way to go... especially until the globals (i.e. Euro) ticked west. Still think we're going to have some issues with where the best banding sets up but based on the tracks that seem to be setting up we seem to be in a near perfect spot.

Morning there hungover Weenies. Man Jerry you rocked the party last night, Snoop and you, hope you remember the hot broad you were banging think her name was GOA. Some chick named AO has taken over the party and man does she shake that thang. Tonight through tomorrow is going to be the bomb, an electrifying thunderous surreal visual experience. Get your rest weenies. NNE crew arriving enmasse tomorrow, crank it up, some morning music provided by your own master of spin Rev KeV, hit it Rev

Trivia Memory lane for the nonbelievers and party

Ginx

Now that the Warministas have abandoned the hot January idea instead they are saying cold and dry. We finished Dec well over normal precip, expect the same, that supposedly dead STJ seems to keep coming at us. I can not believe some are STILL bitching about the neg NAO, good god almighty. I am beginning to think that some people are insatiable.

Ginx, on 30 November 2010 - 11:44 AM, said:

As we thought, you got to give the AO negative state lots of respect, even when it rises after the precipitous drop there is a bounce back drop. All hail the AO

Yeah I thought even last night conservative was still the way to go... especially until the globals (i.e. Euro) ticked west. Still think we're going to have some issues with where the best banding sets up but based on the tracks that seem to be setting up we seem to be in a near perfect spot.

I definitely see what you meant by going towards the more conservative side of things until there was better support and consensus.

It's still kind of hard to judge exactly where the best banding may set itself up but it does look like we may see most of N. CT (perhaps much of CT) get into this band...the question though becomes where does the band sort of sit...I could see that occurring from NE MA (up near Ray) down through NE CT...possibly just to the east of us.

I definitely see what you meant by going towards the more conservative side of things until there was better support and consensus.

It's still kind of hard to judge exactly where the best banding may set itself up but it does look like we may see most of N. CT (perhaps much of CT) get into this band...the question though becomes where does the band sort of sit...I could see that occurring from NE MA (up near Ray) down through NE CT...possibly just to the east of us.

As I mentioned just before the lock in the other thread, the Euro and WRF ARW pcp shields through 48hrs look EXTREMELY similar....

hiresw_p48_048m.gif

Once the rgem started coming west I was really hopefully but it honestly looks like my backyard is going to get buried in snow. CT looks fabulous...

I'm not at work, but it looks like maybe near ACK or ACK sound??

The euro has the center approaching the eastern tip of LI to maybe about 30 miles off the southeast tip, while at the time bombing from around 1002mb down to 987 in 6hrs ending at 12z. It then bears off to the left tracking between ACK and MVY and ends up about 30 miles east of Welfleet. Whats interesting is that it only has the low deepening an additional 4-5mb to 984 or so between 12z-18z. I wonder if thats right or if rapid deepending continues? If so look out Cape and islands for the winds! Here's hoping Middlesex valley and SNH finally gets back intot he bullseye. Bare ground everywhere around here.

HPC even after the overnight guidance not hitting it that hard.....says 8-16 along the I95 corridor as the heavy snow area. That seems surprising to me given the Euro numbers.

seems reasonable, would it be wise to use any one model verbatim.

As I mentioned just before the lock in the other thread, the Euro and WRF ARW pcp shields through 48hrs look EXTREMELY similar....

Once the rgem started coming west I was really hopefully but it honestly looks like my backyard is going to get buried in snow. CT looks fabulous...

Definitely a good thing :thumbsup:

How come you won't post snowfall totals...juist ignoring all request for them lol

As of now, I think 12-18 for you, with a lolli of 20 possible. There are still some important questions of track and various low placements. I thought the 06z NAM might actually favor west of you, but I don't know how correct it will be. It is still the western outlier.

Can't believe how terrible the GFS is...pretty much over 1.25" on the NAM,SREFs, RGEM, and EURO for MBY. GFS barely has 0.75".

Really don't want to see NAM tick any further west or eastern CT may have dryslot issues while western CT jackpots yet again. Anyone suspect convective feedback issues or anything of that nature onthe 6z NAM?

Can't believe how terrible the GFS is...pretty much over 1.25" on the NAM,SREFs, RGEM, and EURO for MBY. GFS barely has 0.75".

Really don't want to see NAM tick any further west or eastern CT may have dryslot issues while western CT jackpots yet again. Anyone suspect convective feedback issues or anything of that nature onthe 6z NAM?

I think the 6z GFS ramped up QPF a bit for you.

Archived