joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NNE slowly approaching winter

dendrite

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I happened to notice the there was a winter weather advisory starting at 1:00 p.m. today and just by happenchance I was looking out the window at 1:00. Snows tarted to mix in almost as if on cue. Went to my Dr.'s appointment at 3:00 and by the time I came out at 4:00 the roads were starting to get a little nasty. It looks like we have picked up 2 or 3 inches. Temp down to 24°.

I happened to notice the there was a winter weather advisory starting at 1:00 p.m. today and just by happenchance I was looking out the window at 1:00. Snows tarted to mix in almost as if on cue. Went to my Dr.'s appointment at 3:00 and by the time I came out at 4:00 the roads were starting to get a little nasty. It looks like we have picked up 2 or 3 inches. Temp down to 24°.

Nice! We haven't picked up much of anything here except for a coating...probably only 1/4" or so. Snow took a break for a bit and although it was snowing steadily earlier, snow growth was horrible... lots of small needles.

The best snow I've seen down in town was when it just changed over... large, wet, aggregates. This photo was around 2pm on the recreation path near my place...there was no new snow accumulation at the time.

8pm light rain 33F looks like heavier echos just staying to my north and east

Hey man.....not too far south of you.... I like the look of the radar to our sw and w but I don't like what looks like a dry slot from south of conc straight up to you. I hope this fills in as the energy shifts east. Down to 35 here, surprised you were getting rain at 33

Event totals: 2.2” Snow/1.61” L.E.

Monday 12/13/2010 6:00 P.M. update: Like Powderfreak mentioned for his location, we had just a small amount of snow as of 6:00 P.M. The board contained 0.2 inches of snow comprised of 0.02 inches of liquid, but we’d had some rain before that because there was 0.30 inches of liquid in the rain gauge since 6:00 A.M. this morning. Snow has picked up now and I’ll check the board in the morning. Some details from the 6:00 P.M. observations are below:

New Snow: 0.2 inches

New Liquid: 0.02 inches (0.30 inches total in gauge)

Snow/Water Ratio: 10.0

Snow Density: 10.0%

Temperature: 27.9 F

Sky: Light snow (1-6 mm flakes)

Snow at the stake: 4.5 inches

Relentless rain overnight. Temps hovered around 45 all night. Spotters reported 2-3" of rain in the surrounding towns at 8-10PM last night. I suspect the final tally will be 3-4". Now I can put that behind me and we have 2-4" of snow in the forecast for tonight.

Snowing pretty hard at the mountain in the 1.5hrs I've been here... easily another inch since I've arrived as we've got some sort of large band moving overhead thats spitting half-dollar sized dendrites.

2-4" overnight was the call here at the mountain (3-5" last 24hrs, including the 1" from yesterday afternoon)... however we can probably add another 1" to that total so far.

1-2" fell down in town as of 5:15. Wind-blown so hard to measure in my location.

Smuggs on the otherside of the Notch is reporting 6-8" new so it looks like the NW slope did do better last night and that would jive with BTV's 6" so far.

Archived