• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
January 14th-16th OV/MW/GL Storm 2 potential

patrick7032

Main system goes from SE TX up through SE KY before re-developing off the coast at 180. There's a lot going on (multiple systems) with the Euro, but STL picks up aprox 0.50-0.75" total through 192 (entire run), which should be all snow.

Yep.

Meh, I've been underwhelmed by the performance of the EURO this winter thus far. 6 days ago today's storm was supposed to be quashed by a large vortex over the GLs, according to the EURO. Good times ahead me thinks.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh, I've been underwhelmed by the performance of the EURO this winter thus far. 6 days ago today's storm was supposed to be quashed by a large vortex over the GLs, according to the EURO. Good times ahead me thinks.

Oh no doubt. It's individual storm performance has been less than desirable.

Regardless, I think we may entering the best 10-14 day stretch of winter...for a lot of us :scooter:

Oh no doubt. It's individual storm performance has been less than desirable.

Regardless, I think we may entering the best 10-14 day stretch of winter...for a lot of us :scooter:

Yeah, I truly believe that. Not that there won't be threats in February and March, but the 2-3 day barrage of storms might be confined to the next two weeks. No reasoning behind that claim, just intuition.

Yeah, I truly believe that. Not that there won't be threats in February and March, but the 2-3 day barrage of storms might be confined to the next two weeks. No reasoning behind that claim, just intuition.

I think there's enough model and meteorological reasoning to call it chock full of potential. Of course it's just that right now...potential. But all of my optimism is usually used up in the medium to long range...then drops off a cliff in the short range. I'm feeling pretty damn good right now. :snowman:

calling it a cmh special is right.....Betcha that low ends up visiting cmh :arrowhead: . This is the perfect scenario for a nw trend. I stick to my prediction made earlier in this thread.

Recent trends argue for the opposite for a NW trend. Euro has done well also recently, but we're too close and it's still on days 6-7 so not really in Euro's golden range though. Let's hope it sticks! :thumbsup:

Recent trends argue for the opposite for a NW trend. Euro has done well also recently, but we're too close and it's still on days 6-7 so not really in Euro's golden range though. Let's hope it sticks! :thumbsup:

I love how geography affects perception. :)

no montreal got just under an inch

clippers always do better for ottawa, they usually are redeveloping eastward and skip over montreal region

clippers are ottawa's bread and butter.

Sorry about my indiscriminate lumping of Ottawa and Montreal together. It'll be tough for YUL to miss out on the weekend system though.

Way too much confusion right now for next week. It looks nice right now but a lot will change over the next 5 to 7 days. I would be lying if I said I know exactly what is going to happen but right now I will sit and watch. The timing of the front could will be very crucial. If heights are a few DMs lower then the front Sunday could push a bit farther south than anticipated, which means over running with the 2nd ripple of low pressure that develops on the quasi stationary front on Monday could let return flow come back and be a bit colder for snow then ice. If occlusion takes over like most storms have had this first half of winter then the polar jet meets up with the Arctic jet just E of the region then a major snow storm will commence over the west central to east central Ohio Valley. A lot of variables though at this time. Another fun filled week of watching that is for sure.

Josh

Archived