CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Call Map Time!

deltadog03

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man...Im sure you know Delta..Im a pilot.. I finish a trip on Sunday night. Your Ice storm line looks like it just might impact the airport in ATL.

Last time we had an event with this potential impact for ATL was the march 93 Super storm. Sure hope Im not involved with the mayhem

that will be brought upon the air travel system here in the SE with this one.

With Amounts...

post-601-0-46212100-1294443180.jpg

Overall not a bad looking map but on Eastern South Carolina, I'm gonna have to disagree with you. couple of reasons I think the 850mb's (they will warm) but I believe guidance is being excessively aggressive with the amount of warm nosing. Second, I believe the guidance is seriously underplaying the incipient dry air at the surface which strengthens the wedge as the precip commences. noticed with the 18z cycle the placements of the 850mb low (or the resemblance of one) is too far fetched for me to believe plus in this given situation I think it is messing up the SLP too close to the coast.

18z GFS has KCHS on Sunday 10 am only at 32º after a morning low of 22º, with a 3º TD!!!!!

So in essence I think the diabatic processes plus overplaying a weakening closed 850mb contour comes to mind when I think accumulating SN (not much)/IP moderate and ZR (light) is a real possibility.

great maps - obviously i hope they verify! i would put one out but have no forecasting skills (other than trying to figure out whats happening in ne ga) and no map skills...and it would look like the others :)

looks like the storm that i remember growing up - same track, general set up etc. so that should mean a good swath of 4"+ atl - athens, and the north towards gainesville and gsp 4-6"+

probably some pretty big ice in central ga into central sc. irregardless of what the models show, past history would indicate that a change over to light frz rain or drizzle towards the end of the storm is more likely than not, even into ne ga and the upstate (which i could care less about if i get a good dumping of snow. besides, icing it in keeps it around :devilsmiley:)

I'd do a call map but I wouldn't want to bust on my first official one, so I'll let the pros tackle this baby. Good calls people! Of course RDU is in the "mix" of things in most of your maps, I'll flip a coin later with SNOW/SLEET on one side and MIX/FR on the other and see what I get.

Archived