Newest Member
    northernriwx
NYC 1/7-1/8 Regional Discussion and Obs

Rib

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, it only goes out 48 hours.

By the way, for the Tuesday/Wednesday storm, it has at least half a foot for Atlanta. Considering, just about everything aviation wise goes through Atlanta, you can see how next week can become a disaster if you are flying in the east.

Yes, I heard theyre getting ready for it already and have been told to expect 5-10 inches down there. When was the last double digit snowstorm down there? Im not sure how much they got in March 1993.

Yes, I heard theyre getting ready for it already and have been told to expect 5-10 inches down there. When was the last double digit snowstorm down there? Im not sure how much they got in March 1993.

I think they got 4 in 1993, at least at the airport but northern sides of the city saw alot more...they got hit hard in January of 91 I think by a storm, I'll never forget TWC going nuts showing videos from outside in the lot all night long, they were like high on chocolate...it was around 7 inches or so total.

I think they got 4 in 1993, at least at the airport but northern sides of the city saw alot more...they got hit hard in January of 91 I think by a storm, I'll never forget TWC going nuts showing videos from outside in the lot all night long, they were like high on chocolate...it was around 7 inches or so total.

90-91 Strong el nino wasnt it? Reminds me of 72-73, another strong el nino with a big SE snowstorm, very little snow up here in either winter lol.

This could make it on the list for the snowiest storm for them in a mod or stronger la nina.

Guesses:

ACY - Inland -5 Coast -3

HTO - 4-5

FOK - 3-4

Upton - 2-3

ISP - 1.0

FRG -1.0

JFK/LGA/NYC/EWR - < 1

SG, what makes this storm take that weird kind of track instead of coming straight north? Too much confluence?

Sounds like MTP might be like 6" Cape Cod/Islands, a lot more?

Looks like NYC should see around an inch today. SREF gives the area around .10 QPF , while the Nam backed off on the snow.

upton and mt. holly dont have a seamless transition in their bordering zones.

upton has "less than an inch" for the city and NJ counties.... and "about an inch" for staten island.

meanwhile, mt. holly has 1-3" all the way into morris county.

90-91 Strong el nino wasnt it? Reminds me of 72-73, another strong el nino with a big SE snowstorm, very little snow up here in either winter lol.

This could make it on the list for the snowiest storm for them in a mod or stronger la nina.

January 25, 2000?

Archived