12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
NYC 1/7-1/8 Regional Discussion and Obs

Rib

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beautiful light snow here in Holmdel, running close to half inch id say...

Just drove home from Atlantic City though and it took 3 hours! It was coming down very heavily and accumulating fast...they had about 4" there around noon when I was leaving, roads inclouding the parkway were terrible. Stopped at the Sonic :wub: in Stafford around 130-2PM and they also had around 4" with it coming down good..Nice little storm for them, dissapointed when we got up here of course but I can't complain

I really thought that between yesterday and today- Long island would see a general 4-6" w/ 2-3 yesterday and another 2-3 today... oh well.. how wrong i was.....

Hoping we get a nice event tuesday!

your not the only one...i will not forcast for long island anymore...sorry william

i guess we finish with about 0.25 here....meh....ending now

Radar doesn't seem to show moderate snow over S.I....what's your visibility?

Obs have been outdoing radar all afternoon...KEWR was 3SM and they were under lighter echoes than SI is...I expect JFK will come in with an observation under 2SM shortly as that band pushes through them....especially if they get into the darker blues.

your not the only one...i will not forcast for long island anymore...sorry william

i guess we finish with about 0.25 here....meh....ending now

Yeah, freshened things up a bit. Glad we still have a 4" pack underneath.

Total looks to be 0.5" for today, bringing me to 25.5" for the season.

Generally applicable with mid latitude cyclones eroding away high pressure...not cold frontal passages which are more easily timed.

enjoy the snow later on! 1-2 a little enhancement from LIS.........should be nice and powdery, settle in and watch a Jet victory!

A steadier, but light snow, has moved into my area, with visibilities estimated between about 2 to 3 miles, lol (the Verrazano Bridge, which is about 3/4's of a mile from my site, is still clearly visible). Doppler radar from Accu Weather Pro, as of 4:35pm, is now clearly showing an area of light snow (10 to 15 dvzs), moving nne across the twin forks of eastern LI into se CT with more moderate to heavy areas (from about 15 to 30dbzs-with a few tiny areas up to 35dbzs) farther offshore.

Hey pal...

The sentiments expressed in this video have guided me throughout life...especially with regards to sports and weather...

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=E0so0_pEcNw

LOL

Exactly........Looks like the donut hole is filling a little, worried about anything up here but I think you can squeeze out a little something, as for the Jets, well 33 yrs of misery that I can remember since I was a small child, missed the Championship by one year, born in 70 I must have jinxed all Jets fans! One of these years they will win a Super Bowl, I hope.:thumbsup::snowman:

A steadier, but light snow, has moved into my area, with visibilities estimated between about 2 to 3 miles, lol (the Verrazano Bridge, which is about 3/4's of a mile from my site, is still clearly visible). Doppler radar from Accu Weather Pro, as of 4:35pm, is now clearly showing an area of light snow (10 to 15 dvzs), moving nne across the twin forks of eastern LI into se CT with more moderate to heavy areas (from about 15 to 30dbzs-with a few tiny areas up to 35dbzs) farther offshore.

Looks like my precip. should be ending in the next 15 minutes as the back end of it is just a few miles to my west in SI. To those of you in central and eastern LI, enjoy whatever you can get out of this.

Very nice snow falling in Astoria.

Coating on all surfaces.

Even main roads.

Its just beautiful out there from the fresh coating we got....looks so nice..this is what winter is all about...we all have been together for a while now...and the last 2 winters have been truly special......enjoy this guys.....

snowpack i guess is around 5-6 inches here with the old stuff in spots......3-4 where the blizzard snow was melted off....also be careful driving guys...very slick out there...light coatings are the worse for that

Archived