• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
NYC 1/7-1/8 Regional Discussion and Obs

Rib

The ground obs were overachieving based on radar in NJ and NYC, they seem to be underachieving so far on eastern LI

So far thats the case. Im real curious to see the 00z OKX sounding as that should tell the story if there is still some low level dry air that could be causing some problem. Ive also been a believer that NW winds at the surface are usually not good for snowfall and KISP has been NW for several hours.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last 12 hours have been amazing... It would appear as though south jersey gets hit- moisture begins to move north- hits a wall south of long island- then over the past 2-4 hours some how moisture explodes on eastern LI north into Mass..

It's like the storm said FU to long island.. from the hamptons west.. - i can see someone in Mass getting a nice 4-6" from this...

The last 12 hours have been amazing... It would appear as though south jersey gets hit- moisture begins to move north- hits a wall south of long island- then over the past 2-4 hours some how moisture explodes on eastern LI north into Mass..

It's like the storm said FU to long island.. from the hamptons west.. - i can see someone in Mass getting a nice 4-6" from this...

Also frustrating is that somehow stations to the west, around NYC, were reporting light snow,while most of Long Island remainedshutout. I mean if its going to miss us to the east at least have the courtesy not to snow to our west! I just got back from a call in riverhead and despite what is showing on radar, i did not see any flakes in the air there. Any reports from the forks?

Also frustrating is that somehow stations to the west, around NYC, were reporting light snow,while most of Long Island remainedshutout. I mean if its going to miss us to the east at least have the courtesy not to snow to our west! I just got back from a call in riverhead and despite what is showing on radar, i did not see any flakes in the air there. Any reports from the forks?

dude you did not miss much...no worries :snowman:

I moved to Long Island 39 years ago and have never been to Riverhead...though I know someone who has a job at the jail out there...

Really?? Thats is surprising. We're in a bit of a retail hole here, so we either have to go west to stony brook - pj, or east to riverhead to get to the big box stores. 39 years though...take a drive out here!

Looks like we made it...

Quite wintery out there with very fine, powdery snow falling and the winds whipping it about.

..its been snowing here in eastport for

a while..very light.

just noticed the snowfall rate has

picked up in intensity...radar confirms that..

it looks like the radar is backing in from

the NE and heading SW..NWS @12:25 updated

w/ 2-7 inches for ELI..w/ the 7 @ mtk

Archived