12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
January GENERAL BANTER

oconeexman

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love me some foothills, but I swear, every single model run, he says the H5 setup is looking better and better, but the QPF and thermal fields keep looking worse and worse. I love his optimism, and I know he knows a heck of a lot more about this than I ever will, but I just can't see how things are trending better. Does not compute. Does not compute.

Ditto.

You know if we don't get anything, though, the public is going to look at this as a big fail and say the weather folks were crying wolf, and won't believe them the next time.

Yes they will. The public is gullible when it comes to snow and everything else for that matter. That's why there's never any bread or milk on the shelves when snow is in the forecast. And so what if they don't believe next time? How does that hurt you exactly?

E-mail | Save | Print | rssbox.gif

clear.gifclear.gifclear.gif ICE STORM TYPESclear.gifsfthumb1-apwinterstorm.jpg"Nuisance"

(less than 1/4 inch of ice)

• Windshields coated
  • Bridges tricky
  • Light ice on trees

"Disruptive"

(1/4 to 1/2 inch of ice)

• Tree limbs sag
  • Most roads icy
  • Power outages

"Crippling"

(1/2 inch or more of ice)

• Widespread tree and powerline damage
  • Roads impassable or dangerous

(Source: The Weather Channel)

clear.gif

Much appreciated jburns. Thank you!

seems like we've flipped 180 on the storm thread....ALLL IMBY right now. and now we're having snippets of real discussion here.

it's like the board phased and is riding up the coast

Nah..The I-R-Serious-Mets thread is for the Ga folks. It's really their storm. I'm glad for them.

We're like the bowling team that lost in the playoffs, now just hanging out in the back of the bar drinking while the others are still in the tournament headed for the big game.

Nah..The I-R-Serious-Mets thread is for the Ga folks. It's really their storm. I'm glad for them.

We're like the bowling team that lost in the playoffs, now just hanging out in the back of the bar drinking while the others are still in the tournament headed for the big game.

LOL my bowling team did exactly that about a month ago. Good analogy.

Archived