bowsunski
    Newest Member
    bowsunski
January GENERAL BANTER

oconeexman

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I taught workshops on technical things, like programming and Unix. I also had interns, which made me their mentor/boss. My interns actually ended up pretty good.

Nice. If I remember correctly, you were a technician at Eastern...or I think I remember seeing that tag under your name at one point. I had assumed you'd done some of the programming work for that forum.

hopefully this wont get deleted here. can anyone tell me how the 850s for central sc trended on the latest nam?

thanks!

It won't get deleted. But you could go back and look at the old NAM and then look at the new NAM real fast. I don't have soundings, but you could look at the model graphics.

Nice. If I remember correctly, you were a technician at Eastern...or I think I remember seeing that tag under your name at one point. I had assumed you'd done some of the programming work for that forum.

Yeah, I was supposed to do some of that stuff. But most of it didn't get very far. I was supposed to fix up RaleighWx's pages and I had some really good ideas for how to make those better, but it was hard communicating with Allan (he is busy and has an actual life) and setting up a testing environment. It never ended up going anywhere. Another of my many failures.

I know I'm a newbie but I would really appreciate it if someone answered my earlier question. I'm really getting worried about ice in the Triangle. I would just like to know how much ice could we get and still be safe? I mean, are we good with .25" or can that cause major power outages? My Journalism degree didn't give me any expertise in meteorology so I would like to get some opinions from the experts. Thank you in advance!

I know I'm a newbie but I would really appreciate it if someone answered my earlier question. I'm really getting worried about ice in the Triangle. I would just like to know how much ice could we get and still be safe? I mean, are we good with .25" or can that cause major power outages? My Journalism degree didn't give me any expertise in meteorology so I would like to get some opinions from the experts. Thank you in advance!

Problems with power begin around .25. Of course you can fall and break your leg with much less.

:google:

If you aren't interested in actual meteorological discussion, or merciless trolling because you aren't getting the snow you unreasonably feel you deserve, then your needs are best met by simply keeping up to date with your local NWS forecasts and forecast discussions.

Yeah, I was supposed to do some of that stuff. But most of it didn't get very far. I was supposed to fix up RaleighWx's pages and I had some really good ideas for how to make those better, but it was hard communicating with Allan (he is busy and has an actual life) and setting up a testing environment. It never ended up going anywhere. Another of my many failures.

But you must have some successes too. You're a free man, living in Chapel Hill, surrounded by beautiful women. There's got to be some notable accomplishment in there somewhere. :)

I am confused as to why the NWS issued a Winter Storm Watch just two hours ago, saying there is more than a 50% chance of us having a significant winter storm, but everyone on the forum is saying the precip never even gets to RDU.

Does everything you read here just drive on by at 70mph?

I am confused as to why the NWS issued a Winter Storm Watch just two hours ago, saying there is more than a 50% chance of us having a significant winter storm, but everyone on the forum is saying the precip never even gets to RDU.

That's an easy one, Brick. Nobody on this forum works for the Raleigh NWS. Duh.

But you must have some successes too. You're a free man, living in Chapel Hill, surrounded by beautiful women. There's got to be some notable accomplishment in there somewhere. :)

lol, no. I have a pretty decent job and make a good amount of money for my age, but aside from that, I'm pretty much failing at adult life -- like many folks in my generation. And I haven't gone out on a date in almost a year and before that it was mostly girls I met on OkCupid. I get to see all the pretty womens, but as far as I am concerned, they are off-limits and terrifying.

Archived