• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
January GENERAL BANTER

oconeexman

Why is there like nobody posting in the main thread? Are the mods deleting that many posts? You would think at a time like this the board would be cranking! Theres like 2 posts every 5-10 minutes

I was actually wondering the samething..kinda odd considering how many people are viewing that topic.I guess everyone is reading and trying to catch up or like me and keep refreshing the page to see something new :arrowhead:

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I completely understand as I am a Senior Mod for a BAMA football forum. You think people here go crazy about weather? Try being a Mod on a BAMA board with the Aubies playing for a Nat. Championship. You would have thought we had lost 7 games! LOL! This goes a little beyond what you are saying but I digress... I have no problem following the rules it's just that the rules are not standard or evenly applied therefore sending the wrong, maybe, unintended signal.

Anyway....looking forward to tomorrow night and I really hope everyone has a great weekend and good luck!

Yep, that's the point. The rules should be applied evenly and fairly. The mods have a tough job and I respect that. Some things are going to get missed. Anyway, good luck to you guys!

Right in the heart of it

ACCUMULATION: 2 TO 4 INCHES OF SNOW CAN BE EXPECTED MONDAY AND MONDAY EVENING THROUGHOUT CENTRAL NORTH CAROLINA. A TRANSITION TO FREEZING RAIN WITH ICE ACCUMULATIONS OF 1/8 TO LOCALLY 1/4 INCH MAY OCCUR MONDAY EVENING INTO TUESDAY MORNING. THE THREAT OF SIGNIFICANT ICING WILL BE PRIMARILY SOUTHEAST OF THE PIEDMONT TRIAD REGION...AND NORTH OF FAYETTEVILLE AND GOLDSBORO MONDAY EVENING INTO TUESDAY MORNING.

Mods aren't deleting posts, people just aren't posting. Partly because not much has changed over the past several hours, partly because people have been scared off.

i was wondering where everyone was. i was thinking they were giving up on the storm or something. or it is a friday night and a foot ball game on. fortunately the people here are snow freaks too so i can get online now and then :scooter: the models should start coming out later this evening and i imagine people will show back up

i was wondering where everyone was. i was thinking they were giving up on the storm or something. or it is a friday night and a foot ball game on. fortunately the people here are snow freaks too so i can get online now and then :scooter: the models should start coming out later this evening and i imagine people will show back up

Bingo NEGa! Dead time between models and it's getting very close to Nowcasting. Watching the precip starting to break out in Texas.

plus it is Saturday Night. However, I have a son that goes to bed every night at 8pm. So we are always home at this time. ALWAYS :)

Would be killer if this storm was 12 hour out from getting into this area,,,

Bingo NEGa! Dead time between models and it's getting very close to Nowcasting. Watching the precip starting to break out in Texas.

Yep, that's the point. The rules should be applied evenly and fairly. The mods have a tough job and I respect that. Some things are going to get missed. Anyway, good luck to you guys!

If you haven't attended a conference, don't have a yellow, green, bold black, or red tag you're screwed on here basically it looks like. I've seen a lot of users here shift over to another place already and become more active. I asked earlier if this site even made money.. like besides donations.. and I was told they don't make a dime other than the donations to pay server costs. I was thinking about helping a guy with a really good idea get a site/forum running that was actually about the SE and not so much about the Northerners (who cause the most damage here). I got warned Dec. 24th for "off topic banter" etc, but I'll probably just be another CAE user (one of the few) and leave after this storm. That is if I'm not shown the door first.. either way it's the internet and a big button that gives you a little control over a site is nothing compared to a complete server control panel. ;)

yep. thats the model thread, so its usually not busy unless we are watching a model run. this thread is to bide our time for the next one. besides, you are right, its just about nowcast time woo hoo :snowman: :snowman:

plus it is Saturday Night. However, I have a son that goes to bed every night at 8pm. So we are always home at this time. ALWAYS :)

your right, lol, it is saturday. i may have put friday in my other post :scooter:

If you haven't attended a conference, don't have a yellow, green, bold black, or red tag you're screwed on here basically it looks like. I've seen a lot of users here shift over to another place already and become more active.

sorry but thats not really true. everyone can, and does, participate. the model thread is to discuss models, where the mets excel. they volunteer their time, energy and efforts to write very in depth analysis. they dont have the time to banter with us, they are probably working :thumbsup:

this is a free board and not for profit. the goal isnt to make as many posts as you can. sometimes i contribute, sometimes i have nothing to add other than whats been said by someone with much more knowledge, so i just dont duplicate what they already said

To each your own. Been around since 03 with Eastern, WWBB before that. A group of us have been around for a while and Im cool with American.

Hate to lose posters but. us in the SE threads have seen a lot of new posters over the past 3+ years. Some stay and some go.

Good luck with your choice Shawn!

Mark

If you haven't attended a conference, don't have a yellow, green, bold black, or red tag you're screwed on here basically it looks like. I've seen a lot of users here shift over to another place already and become more active. I asked earlier if this site even made money.. like besides donations.. and I was told they don't make a dime other than the donations to pay server costs. I was thinking about helping a guy with a really good idea get a site/forum running that was actually about the SE and not so much about the Northerners (who cause the most damage here). I got warned Dec. 24th for "off topic banter" etc, but I'll probably just be another CAE user (one of the few) and leave after this storm. That is if I'm not shown the door first.. either way it's the internet and a big button that gives you a little control over a site is nothing compared to a complete server control panel. ;)

On a football note, imagine Alabama losing power monday and folks not getting to watch the Nat. Championship game monday night!:gun_bandana:

i didnt think about that. and i forgot i am supposed to have people coming over LOL. i will have to dust off my satellite dish (i hope multiple times :devilsmiley: ) growining up in athens as a big dawg fan, i really need to see this game :popcorn:

Well this is a pretty interesting setup just on the face of it. I'm watching the radar and moisture break out in Tejas too, and the very cold dry air in place here in the SE. I think it largely remains to be seen how strong the vortex will be in the GoM, and that could make a big difference.

What are everyone's thoughts about central and Eastern North Carolina for Monday/Tuesday? The threats for AL, GA, and SC are pretty well established at this point and will be an earlier onset for those folks.

I'm staying very positive for over performance again...don't care what the mid range models say now...N Ga to Gastonia gets 6+:snowman:

sorry but thats not really true. everyone can, and does, participate. the model thread is to discuss models, where the mets excel. they volunteer their time, energy and efforts to write very in depth analysis. they dont have the time to banter with us, they are probably working :thumbsup:

this is a free board and not for profit. the goal isnt to make as many posts as you can. sometimes i contribute, sometimes i have nothing to add other than whats been said by someone with much more knowledge, so i just dont duplicate what they already said

Go way back in time and look @ some of the way off the wall stuff said by certain users who attended confs or have a special tag... and they're stuff sits there. I'm guilty of a ton of off the wall stuff too in a model thread, but it's whatever. I also contribute what little bit I have to users around areas that never get answered also though. TN and SC need more info, especially from the Euro. If I think something I'll probably put it, get it deleted, get warned, and ultimately banned in the end lol.

On a football note, imagine Alabama losing power monday and folks not getting to watch the Nat. Championship game monday night!:gun_bandana:

Bwahahahahahahahahahahaha! You have revealed my diabolical plan!!!!

In all seriousness, that would really suck for those guys. They have waited a long, long, long time and spent a lot of good money on this team. :lmao::wub:

Dropped to 28 IMBY. Wing is gusty. Feels like the 80's all over again.

A poster posted this in the main thread and it was canned.

I forgot who the poster was but here was his post...

Andy Wood at Fox Carolina 21

I have just completed a good bit of research on past storm situations regarding the scenario of small-scale storm development in the Gulf of Mexico… and how this process sometimes robs systems of moisture on a larger scale and on the northern part of a system. I will say what I have found shows that the less intense a surface low is, the better chance (still slim chance) that a line thunderstorms can develop and rob moisture content farther north. Also, a more intense surface low in the Gulf allows for less chance of this happening. Importantly, the surface low for our storm will remain weak… which presents a possibility that storms could form in the Gulf and rob moisture. I would say it’s a 10-20% chance, but that’s enough for me to mention it tonight.

http://foxcarolinawe...d-rob-moisture/

Also to the MODS, this is a relevant topic as we wait for the OOZ runs!

Go way back in time and look @ some of the way off the wall stuff said by certain users who attended confs or have a special tag... and they're stuff sits there. I'm guilty of a ton of off the wall stuff too in a model thread, but it's whatever. I also contribute what little bit I have to users around areas that never get answered also though. TN and SC need more info, especially from the Euro. If I think something I'll probably put it, get it deleted, get warned, and ultimately banned in the end lol.

Shawn, I personally feel it's the timing of the off-topic and "weenie" posts more than anything. Storm mode (now and Christmas) is the only time i've seen people get slapped around this winter. There's a blog on Fox 21 site for the upstate without any moderators and I really can't stand all the redundant/stupid posts but I go there to see what Andy Woods has to say b/c he's tops around here...but weeding through all the nonsense keeps me away most of the time and they don't want it to get like that here and I don't blame them. Not saying anything wrong with your posts or questions though, just in general.

There's definitely a few that get away with it but also have a wealth of knowledge and put some good stuff out there as well. They tend to be more lenient towards folks like that...(WildMann or Wildabeast or whatever comes to mind)

Just my 2 pennies

For whoever asked about NC, as of just a little while ago:

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE RALEIGH NC

802 PM EST SAT JAN 8 2011

...SIGNIFICANT WINTER STORM POSSIBLE ACROSS OUR REGION MONDAY

INTO TUESDAY...

.WITH COLD AIR ALREADY IN PLACE...A LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM IS

EXPECTED TO TRACK EAST ALONG THE GULF COAST SUNDAY NIGHT AND

MONDAY...WITH REDEVELOPMENT OFF THE SOUTH CAROLINA COAST MONDAY

NIGHT. THIS SYSTEM IS EXPECTED TO MOVE NORTHEAST ALONG THE

NORTH CAROLINA COAST ON TUESDAY. SNOW IS EXPECTED MONDAY INTO

MONDAY EVENING...GRADUALLY TRANSITIONING TO FREEZING RAIN MONDAY

EVENING INTO MONDAY NIGHT.

NCZ007>011-021>028-038>043-073>078-083>086-088-089-091015-

/O.NEW.KRAH.WS.A.0001.110110T1200Z-110111T1800Z/

PERSON-GRANVILLE-VANCE-WARREN-HALIFAX-FORSYTH-GUILFORD-ALAMANCE-

ORANGE-DURHAM-FRANKLIN-NASH-EDGECOMBE-DAVIDSON-RANDOLPH-CHATHAM-

WAKE-JOHNSTON-WILSON-STANLY-MONTGOMERY-MOORE-LEE-HARNETT-WAYNE-

ANSON-RICHMOND-SCOTLAND-HOKE-CUMBERLAND-SAMPSON-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...ROXBORO...OXFORD...HENDERSON...

WARRENTON...ROANOKE RAPIDS...WINSTON-SALEM...GREENSBORO...

HIGH POINT...BURLINGTON...CHAPEL HILL...DURHAM...LOUISBURG...

NASHVILLE...ROCKY MOUNT...LEXINGTON...ASHEBORO...PITTSBORO...

RALEIGH...SMITHFIELD...WILSON...ALBEMARLE...TROY...

SOUTHERN PINES...SANFORD...LILLINGTON...GOLDSBORO...WADESBORO...

ROCKINGHAM...LAURINBURG...RAEFORD...FAYETTEVILLE...CLINTON

802 PM EST SAT JAN 8 2011

...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY MORNING THROUGH

TUESDAY AFTERNOON...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN RALEIGH HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM

WATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY MORNING THROUGH TUESDAY

AFTERNOON.

* LOCATIONS AFFECTED: ALL OF CENTRAL NORTH CAROLINA IS EXPECTED TO

BE AFFECTED BY THIS STORM.

* PRECIPITATION TYPES: SNOW IS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP OVER THE

WESTERN AND SOUTHERN PIEDMONT DURING THE MORNING...THEN

OVERSPREAD THE REST OF OUR REGION DURING THE AFTERNOON HOURS.

THE SNOW IS EXPECTED TO TRANSITION TO FREEZING RAIN AND RAIN

OVER THE FAR SOUTHERN ZONES...AND FREEZING RAIN AND SLEET OVER

THE REST OF OUR REGION MONDAY NIGHT...WITH FREEZING RAIN OR

FREEZING DRIZZLE PERSISTING THROUGH TUESDAY MORNING.

* ACCUMULATION: 2 TO 4 INCHES OF SNOW CAN BE EXPECTED MONDAY AND

MONDAY EVENING THROUGHOUT CENTRAL NORTH CAROLINA. A TRANSITION

TO FREEZING RAIN WITH ICE ACCUMULATIONS OF 1/8 TO LOCALLY 1/4

INCH MAY OCCUR MONDAY EVENING INTO TUESDAY MORNING. THE THREAT

OF SIGNIFICANT ICING WILL BE PRIMARILY SOUTHEAST OF THE PIEDMONT

TRIAD REGION...AND NORTH OF FAYETTEVILLE AND GOLDSBORO MONDAY

EVENING INTO TUESDAY MORNING.

* TIMING: SNOW MAY BEGIN AROUND SUNRISE MONDAY IN THE ALBEMARLE TO

WADESBORO AREA...THEN REACH THE TRIAD AND POSSIBLY FAYETTEVILLE

BY NOON. THE SNOW MAY HOLD OFF UNTIL THE AFTERNOON FOR AREAS

ALONG AND NORTHEAST OF THE TRIANGLE. THE TRANSITION TO MIXED

WINTRY PRECIPITATION WILL OCCUR MONDAY EVENING...WITH MOSTLY

FREEZING RAIN EXPECTED BY TUESDAY MORNING.

* IMPACTS: ROADS MAY BECOME HAZARDOUS WITH THE SNOWFALL ON

MONDAY...WITH HAZARDOUS CONDITIONS PERSISTING INTO TUESDAY.

* TEMPERATURES: WILL ONLY REACH THE MID TO UPPER 30S BEFORE THE

SNOW ARRIVES MONDAY...THEN FALL INTO THE UPPER 20S MONDAY

AFTERNOON OVER THE WESTERN PIEDMONT. TEMPERATURES WILL BE IN THE

MID 20S TO LOWER 30S MONDAY NIGHT...POSSIBLY RISING ABOVE 32 IN

THE FAYETTEVILLE AND GOLDSBORO AREAS MONDAY NIGHT. HIGHS TUESDAY

WILL RANGE ONLY IN THE LOWER TO MID 30S.

Shawn, I personally feel it's the timing of the off-topic and "weenie" posts more than anything. Storm mode (now and Christmas) is the only time i've seen people get slapped around this winter. There's a blog on Fox 21 site for the upstate without any moderators and I really can't stand all the redundant/stupid posts but I go there to see what Andy Woods has to say b/c he's tops around here...but weeding through all the nonsense keeps me away most of the time and they don't want it to get like that here and I don't blame them. Not saying anything wrong with your posts or questions though, just in general.

There's definitely a few that get away with it but also have a wealth of knowledge and put some good stuff out there as well. They tend to be more lenient towards folks like that...(WildMann or Wildabeast or whatever comes to mind)

Just my 2 pennies

Yeah, I need to go add Wild to my username brb, haha j/k. But yeah, I get it. I wish I would have never got involved in all this meteorology stuff because it adds so much stress to my life. I miss being a little kid, turning the weather channel on, seeing a wrong snow forecast.. getting excited... and now.. it's like ridiculous. I sit on this site wayyyyy too much and look @ way too many computer models. It's really not anything new on this forum than any other one, but I come from an age on the internet that if you get slapped around, you slap back.. a lot harder.. in a very unfair way, or just leave. That's my internet mentality though from the years of programming, chat rooms, and a lot of other stuff I'd prefer not to mention. But the point is again, I totally understand.

A poster posted this in the main thread and it was canned.

I forgot who the poster was but here was his post...

Andy Wood at Fox Carolina 21

I have just completed a good bit of research on past storm situations regarding the scenario of small-scale storm development in the Gulf of Mexico… and how this process sometimes robs systems of moisture on a larger scale and on the northern part of a system. I will say what I have found shows that the less intense a surface low is, the better chance (still slim chance) that a line thunderstorms can develop and rob moisture content farther north. Also, a more intense surface low in the Gulf allows for less chance of this happening. Importantly, the surface low for our storm will remain weak… which presents a possibility that storms could form in the Gulf and rob moisture. I would say it’s a 10-20% chance, but that’s enough for me to mention it tonight.

http://foxcarolinawe...d-rob-moisture/

Also to the MODS, this is a relevant topic as we wait for the OOZ runs!

Why in the world would that get deleted??????I read that earlier and it is a very valid argument at this point and scares the hell out of me personally!!:axe:

See the last post by WeatherNC on the model thread..exactly what Andy eluded too as a possibility

"Also, a more intense surface low in the Gulf allows for less chance of this happening"

To quote it.. Maybe the slp when tend stronger...

Why in the world would that get deleted??????I read that earlier and it is a very valid argument at this point and scares the hell out of me personally!!:axe:

Man, when I mentioned convection yesterday I was "wrong". Now the models are showing a good bit of convection being a possibility and it's the hot topic! That would even effect N GA, SC, and the worst being NC. =/

Yeah, I need to go add Wild to my username brb, haha j/k. But yeah, I get it. I wish I would have never got involved in all this meteorology stuff because it adds so much stress to my life. I miss being a little kid, turning the weather channel on, seeing a wrong snow forecast.. getting excited... and now.. it's like ridiculous. I sit on this site wayyyyy too much and look @ way too many computer models. It's really not anything new on this forum than any other one, but I come from an age on the internet that if you get slapped around, you slap back.. a lot harder.. in a very unfair way, or just leave. That's my internet mentality though from the years of programming, chat rooms, and a lot of other stuff I'd prefer not to mention. But the point is again, I totally understand.

That's cool man, hope you stick around though and I know what you mean about being addicted to this stuff, my wife is getting pissed as we speak so i'm about done for the night plus gotta get up at 4am to go to work.

"Also, a more intense surface low in the Gulf allows for less chance of this happening"

To quote it.. Maybe the slp when tend stronger...

God I dread getting up in the morning even worse now and looking on here to see the 0Z models!

Anyhoo, holler at yall tomorrow...will say nightly prayer with daughter tonight and include snow wishes :thumbsup:

I completely understand as I am a Senior Mod for a BAMA football forum. You think people here go crazy about weather? Try being a Mod on a BAMA board with the Aubies playing for a Nat. Championship. You would have thought we had lost 7 games! LOL! This goes a little beyond what you are saying but I digress... I have no problem following the rules it's just that the rules are not standard or evenly applied therefore sending the wrong, maybe, unintended signal.

Anyway....looking forward to tomorrow night and I really hope everyone has a great weekend and good luck!

Damn...you are a glutton for punishment. That would have to be a paid position for me! Chatt is the battleground for Ala and UT and that is not half as ugly as the tide fans having to watch Auburn play Monday night...

This makes me want to cry.

Archived