Newest Member
    e46ds1x
January 10th-12th OV/MW/GL Winter Storm prospects

Madmaxweather

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is the EE rule?

Euro + ETA (NAM) show the same solution. Always been a benchmark in the past that when those two models have the same solution, normally that solution is golden.

FWIW, this is the most confident I have felt all winter concerning accumulating snow. Vertical moisture transport looks favorable, DGZ looks pretty decent, enhanced lift develops across a good chunk of Indiana and Ohio by Tuesday Afternoon. I would say the odds of a pretty widespread band of 2-5 inches across Illinois, Indiana and Ohio are pretty good.

Euro + ETA (NAM) show the same solution. Always been a benchmark in the past that when those two models have the same solution, normally that solution is golden.

FWIW, this is the most confident I have felt all winter concerning accumulating snow. Vertical moisture transport looks favorable, DGZ looks pretty decent, enhanced lift develops across a good chunk of Indiana and Ohio by Tuesday Afternoon. I would say the odds of a pretty widespread band of 2-5 inches across Illinois, Indiana and Ohio are pretty good.

Ive had 2" the past 2 days I expect this to be better than that. Aside the Euro today the models have all bumped up qpf. Just wonder how much we'll truely see out of this.

Yea that's why I said if. If we weren't on the northern fringe I wouldn't worry but unfortunately. We are

The farther northern portions of the precipitation field could have some virga problems at the onset with some dry air noted in the mid layers, but with pretty impressive vertical moisture transport, that shouldn't last long. I'd say a good chunk of Southern Michigan should see at least 1-3 inches with some isolated 4 inch amounts near the Indiana/Michigan border.

I'm not sure about farther west but for the eastern Midwest/OV, this type of setup reminds me of 12/8/05. Now, before buckeye directs obscenities my way, it probably wouldn't be an exact repeat. Just that there are some general similarities imo.

Nice analog...Wall of Snow. That one was fun.

I like IND's call of 2-4".

The models continue to go backwards for northeastern Iowa. Each of the last few runs the NAM has taken an inch away from CR. The storm is becoming stronger, but its focus is being shifted southward into Missouri and out of eastern Iowa. I hope I can hang on to a couple inches. The Missouri valley looks to cash in for the first time this winter.

Actually Hawkeye... parts of Missouri have already cashed in this winter. I've had approx. 10" of snow this winter. 6" on Christmas eve. Hopefully 5" from this system. By the way I live 40 miles northeast of Columbia Mo.

gfs_pcp_078s.gif

We have a west of the Apps sfc reflection on the GFS.

look for that to continue if that upper low continues to come in stronger in the OV.

in addition, defintely could see some further amplificaiton with that strong closed low in the OV.

eastern lakes from I-90 south look good for several inches and likely accumlating snow as far north as toronto as well if these trends continue at 00z.

I'm not sure about farther west but for the eastern Midwest/OV, this type of setup reminds me of 12/8/05. Now, before buckeye directs obscenities my way, it probably wouldn't be an exact repeat. Just that there are some general similarities imo.

Not a bad system here.

SnowMap20051208_2100.png

That was a epic couple of weeks before the end of winter came on Christmas.

Archived