PIT: 0.39

DET: 0.11...no change

ORD: 0.14

IND: 0.22

SDF: 0.24

DBQ: 0.12

STL: 0.25

CMH: 0.34

So no change compared to the 12z run, if not a little bump in some places...a couple 0.01's less in other locations. Locking it in...

Remains right in step with the NAM...at least in my area. Assuming 15:1 ratios that would be a nice solid 4.5".

I'm a bit more optimistic with the ratios. 850s around -10C and ~522 thickness during the meat of the event. The average ratio may end up more like 17 or 18:1 with even higher ratios at the end to squeeze out that extra 1/2 or 1 inch. I'm thinking 5-6 maybe...Based on the Euro that is. Blending in other models would lower that just a tad probably...

I'm a bit more optimistic with the ratios. 850s around -10C and ~522 thickness during the meat of the event. The average ratio may end up more like 17 or 18:1 with even higher ratios at the end to squeeze out that extra 1/2 or 1 inch. I'm thinking 5-6 maybe...Based on the Euro that is. Blending in other models would lower that just a tad probably...

From what the digging/looking I did earlier, I'd have to agree on ratios and used a 17:1 ratio for making my forecast.

Dilly was just frustrated...I think most of us in wpa and oh have been..seen a whole bunch of 4-6 storms in the mid range get closer to the short range and we end up hoping for 1-3...every system this year has fizzled by the time it got to this area.

As far as him getting 5 posted, I understand...however, there is a major disparity on here with WHO gets post limits. I see phineas on

The model thread, which aren't supposed to be cluttered, every night basically saying. "this sucks" over and over, and ji weenieing out every 5 minutes and somehow their posts aren't deleted and they aren't 5 posted.

My advice to the mods would be to treat everyone the same, even if they are people like phineas who has been around a long time.

Yep, certain posters are allowed to create an entire thread devoted towards trashing Ohio posters without consequence. Dilly gets 5-posted for "excessive complaining." There's clearly NOT equal treatment.

For now I'd go 2-4". That allows plenty of wiggle room either way.

Yep, certain posters are allowed to create an entire thread devoted towards trashing Ohio posters without consequence. Dilly gets 5-posted for "excessive complaining." There's clearly NOT equal treatment.

Let's just say phineas really pizzes me off when he tells other people to post less like he knows more when really the guy knows very little.

Did you see the thread ji made specifically to flame philly posters, but it wasn't deleted?

Dilly posted this on my site:

It's a joke how he only gets 5 posts, but JI doesn't get anything.

But whatever, it is what it is.

Nor did Alek and other offensive posters. Some posters can be rude and uncivil and not get punished, others can be punished for pointing out a decrease in qpf and the winter pattern in his area. It makes no sense.

That thread wasn't a great idea but almost anything goes in OT and besides, I didn't see it until many hours after it was created.

I've 5 posted a total of 4 or 5 people here and dilly is the first one from Ohio. There's absolutely no regional bias on my part.

Now, can we get back to discussing the storm.

I didn't see it until many hours after it was created.

Uh, yeah, so?

I've 5 posted a total of 4 or 5 people here and dilly is the first one from Ohio. There's absolutely no regional bias on my part.

No, you just ban people for pointing out a drop in qpf and the winter pattern in his area. Not people attacking posters. Whatever, I'm done talking about this. You just will not ever get it.

Archived