e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
January 10th-12th OV/MW/GL Winter Storm prospects

Madmaxweather

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If only the southern low wasn't there. What is preventing the southern low from keeping its speed and heading ots? Either way the Nam believes the low will in fact strengthen and not weaken as it heads ne.would be nice if other models were on board.

Not sure the coastal is such a bad thing. Sure it focuses the best QPF to our SE, but it ensures what we get is snow. You put additional ridging on the EC and this might have been a messier system.

The models continue to go backwards for northeastern Iowa. Each of the last few runs the NAM has taken an inch away from CR. The storm is becoming stronger, but its focus is being shifted southward into Missouri and out of eastern Iowa. I hope I can hang on to a couple inches. The Missouri valley looks to cash in for the first time this winter.

The models continue to go backwards for northeastern Iowa. Each of the last few runs the NAM has taken an inch away from CR. The storm is becoming stronger, but its focus is being shifted southward into Missouri and out of eastern Iowa. I hope I can hang on to a couple inches. The Missouri valley looks to cash in for the first time this winter.

Seems that dry air will eat away a lot of the precip as it tries to inch into far eastern Iowa and northern Illinois. This system looks eerily similar to the '05 system that Hoosier posted earlier, and that one shafted this area pretty good. At least it will be a nice hit for many of the MW board members.

Archived