e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Jan 11-12 Model/Forecasting Discussion

Ji

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know why you are guys are worrying so much. Geesh people just let the damn snow fall and be happy with what you get.

I am not worried. I've already said I don't care if we get zero inches. I am mostly commenting on the NWS waffling. And you already know what I think about the winter storm watch. :P

I am not worried. I've already said I don't care if we get zero inches. I am mostly commenting on the NWS waffling. And you already know what I think about the winter storm watch. :P

I believe that snowfall map is auto and experimental, so not to be taken too seriously. Second, we still have a WWA for 3-5 inches, that hasn't changed.

I also wasn't talking directly at you, just quoted you as my starting point to tell people to chill out and stop worrying. :lol:

Not being negative mapgirl, 12z nam came in drier and 6 hours late on coastal. GFS will likely do the same but a little less QPF and a tad east withthe developing coastal, sorry u don't like it, but just my opinion hope I'm wrong though.

I'm pretty sure it is auto as it's also experimental. That should be a flag to those looking at it.

While this may be true. The zone forecasts are not. Don't think I am being argumentative....I respect your opinions. You know more than I ever will.

As for the pessimism, I am normally optimistic. So put away the pitchforks.

It's hilarious to watch how some people cope with snow frustration...some get irrationally hopeful (me), some get bitter, some get ornery, some get humorous, some take it out on others, and some try to insist that they don't care.

Some of the best of us simply accept what will happen and don't get too worked up about it one way or another. I wish I was one of those people - lol.

Not being negative mapgirl, 12z nam came in drier and 6 hours late on coastal. GFS will likely do the same but a little less QPF and a tad east withthe developing coastal, sorry u don't like it, but just my opinion hope I'm wrong though.

Whatever you feel like doing dude, make yourself crazy, I don't really care.

At this point, it's a wait and see what happens situation. Following the models for something that will happen in 6 hours is beyond ridiculous. But whatever YOU want to do.

Man, The Grouch from Leesburg has arrived. Do you need me to come out there?

Just tired of reading some of the people who are using this thread as a therapy session....I'm sure at some point someone will say that daddy touched me in my private space and that's why they are so negative.

Whatever you feel like doing dude, make yourself crazy, I don't really care.

At this point, it's a wait and see what happens situation. Following the models for something that will happen in 6 hours is beyond ridiculous. But whatever YOU want to do.

Agreed. For me it's pretty much nowcast time and let the chips fall were they may. Time will tell.

Archived