• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Ongoing severe outbreak on December 31

Someone should rename the thread so that "nice event" and fatalities don't both lie within it. It might strike others of us the wrong way.

DR

Lol, yea not intending to be insensitive to the matter; I did change that.

By nice in Met terminology, we mean well-formed. We do not mean 'thank goodness its killing people'.

The warning messages for the St Louis targeting action say brief rain wrappers, couched in a severe wind potential. Wow, I would love to see video of that line as it approaches. Unfortunately, that would mean someone risking their safety to do it. Maybe a cam somewhere that is automated can be accessed....

looks like some people don't understand the way that severe weather threads work around here.

You being primarily that person -

Look, there are no rules and you are guided by misconception about what this forum is for. You play in popularity games and come from that ilk that doesn't offer anything worth merit or value. You also attempt tactical sniper posts while trying to do so within the confines of the rules - it's blatantly obvious and you should not be allowed on the forum period because of it.

It is you and your type that runs this down this resource for everyone, not me and my posting a thread out in the Main forum over a subject matter that was held invisible because that other thread was started in a sub forum.

You don't make the rules for a good reason, so shut the f* up and take your pointless, baseless, meaningless enforcement of any "rules" elsewhere. idiot. and why don't you learn one iota of Meteorology while you are at it - you don't know anything.

:unsure:

Many will recall the rift that occurred on Eastern with the severe weather posters. There was a big move from the main page to the Western sub forum which became the Central/Western sub forum (08/09). Infact Hoosier was made a Mod after that move and a lot of discussion transpired among the members and an all out effort was made to bring onboard more chasers and severe weather folks. If you had been a part of the sub forum for while you would understand the thoughts and feelings regarding this.

You being primarily that person -

Look, there are no rules and you are guided by misconception about what this forum is for. You play in popularity games and come from that ilk that doesn't offer anything worth merit or value. You also attempt tactical sniper posts while trying to do so within the confines of the rules - it's blatantly obvious and you should not be allowed on the forum period because of it.

It is you and your type that runs this down this resource for everyone, not me and my posting a thread out in the Main forum over a subject matter that was held invisible because that other thread was started in a sub forum.

You don't make the rules for a good reason, so shut the f* up and take your pointless, baseless, meaningless enforcement of any "rules" elsewhere. idiot. and why don't you learn one iota of Meteorology while you are at it - you don't know anything.

He's right, lol. Just because you can't stand the ground he walks on, doesn't mean he's wrong. We have been discussing severe events in the respective subforums for over a year now. 99% of the people that post in severe threads, have known that for a long time. This was hashed out last summer at Eastern, and continued here. If you posted in severe threads regularly, you would realize that.

<br />looks like some people don't understand the way that severe weather threads work around here.<br />

Wow. I didn't realize I was reading the passive aggressive thread on AmericanSnow.

If the folks in MO have to read banter about a possible snow threat 8 days away for the east coast, surely we can spare a thread or two for an ongoing fatal outbreak of tornados.

K*** aka Kush was the worse person to make that observation however as he's a worthless poster. SRain is right though it was decided amongst the severe weather posters that severe weather threads would be in the subforum except when the threat moved into the SE/E which MO/AR are not a part of. There were a couple of reasons for this. One being that the I-95 crowd disliked Severe superthreads about KS/OK/TX etc. in "their" bailiwick and two the volume of traffic on the main forum tended to scroll the severe threads off the page fast. My personal belief is that severe threats should go into the subforum where the threat is occurring-in this case Central/Western.

Steve

K*** aka Kush was the worse person to make that observation however as he's a worthless poster. SRain is right though it was decided amongst the severe weather posters that severe weather threads would be in the subforum except when the threat moved into the SE/E which MO/AR are not a part of. There were a couple of reasons for this. One being that the I-95 crowd disliked Severe superthreads about KS/OK/TX etc. in "their" bailiwick and two the volume of traffic on the main forum tended to scroll the severe threads off the page fast. My personal belief is that severe threats should go into the subforum where the threat is occurring-in this case Central/Western.

Steve

Yea, I wasn't aware any of that took place, and saw no notice from any moderation that it was to be formal policy. But then again, I don't spend huge amounts of time involved any more - too many other things to do.

Frankly, the reason for that as being because people in the east don't like them is both silly, but more importantly actually now outmoded seeing as this forum exists as "American". If it is a significant enough issue, the whole of all should be made aware - so I disagree there. Having people die in our country do to tornado outbreak is a national interest story, intrinsically.

Aside from the fact, it kept the headline hidden - that's hardly anyone's fault so that useless pustule's comments are out-of-line on more than one level.

Before even getting there though, no one in any location needs to be concerned for any thread topic/content; if they don't like it, don't open it. Stupid. Petty, and if these are adults doing that than shame - how immature does one have to be?

That said, that individual really should be banned.

Yea, I wasn't aware any of that took place, and saw no notice from any moderation that it was to be formal policy. But then again, I don't spend huge amounts of time involved any more - too many other things to do.

Frankly, the reason for that as being because people in the east don't like them is both silly, but more importantly actually now outmoded seeing as this forum exists as "American". If it is a significant enough issue, the whole of all should be made aware - so I disagree there. Having people die in our country do to tornado outbreak is a national interest story, intrinsically.

Aside from the fact, it kept the headline hidden - that's hardly anyone's fault so that useless pustule's comments are out-of-line on more than one level.

Before even getting there though, no one in any location needs to be concerned for any thread topic/content; if they don't like it, don't open it. Stupid. Petty, and if these are adults doing that than shame - how immature does one have to be?

That said, that individual really should be banned.

There is no formal policy as far as I know that is just the way we do it. Most of the severe weather experts live in the central area so when there is going to be an outbreak in that area of course that is where the superthread is going to be. But if one wants to start a thread in this main forum too so be it, but most of the action will be in the sub forum thread. At the very least there will be a link posted in the main forum thread to the sub forum thread so newer posters or people that missed the headline in the sub forum will be directed there.

An honest mistake by the OP with no ill intention.  The first mention of this being in the wrong forum was enough...every follow up is really unnecessary and the point has been made.  Folks are making way too big of a deal about nothing.

Every post after K***'s was more of a reaction to incidents and aggravations, combined with cliquishness and selective moderation, from other threads.

Someone should rename the thread so that "nice event" and fatalities don't both lie within it. It might strike others of us the wrong way.

DR

I think folks knew what he meant. I don't think anyone actually thought oh cool, death! It's the same thing as the nerds jacking-off to a sat image of a cyclone nearing Haiti.

For the next big severe weather event, maybe a mod should pin a thread that provides a link to the main subforum discussion thread? That would probably reduce some confusion.

Not only severe weather, but any major storm event that may not be getting "enough" coverage. For a general weather board, it is amazing how easy it is to be completely oblivious to really interesting events occurring elsewhere in the country.

Archived