• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
NYC/PHL Dec 26-27 Boxing Day Blizzard Part 10

yhbrooklyn

That radar seems to be low def, but jason linked a hi def radar that shows queens and western nassau as being under some really good bands of heavy snow-- this is why JFK has had 0 vis for the last few hours lol-- take a look:

http://www.wundergro...f=9999&smooth=0

That makes sense. I was looking at the Mount Holly radar and the echoes were just not matching up to the intensity of the snow.

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

amazing cut off in western ct right along rt 8 luckily i am on the western side of rt 8 by 2 miles... if you look on radar the dry slot keeps on trying to push west but cant push past rt 8 which runs n/s through western ct.. i wonder if this is upsloping as that is the edge of the valley and the beggining of the western hills

I live west of Route 8 and this still blowwwwws!

<br /><br /><br />

I was wondering the same thing about what that dry slot was about

that line is staying steady.. i heard a report from north haven of only 3 or 4 inches...

too be honest i have no idea how much we have here... somewhere around a foot i assume..

way too windy some 3 or 4 foot drifts at a very high elevation 60mph gust just 5 miles away

amazing cut off in western ct right along rt 8 luckily i am on the western side of rt 8 by 2 miles... if you look on radar the dry slot keeps on trying to push west but cant push past rt 8 which runs n/s through western ct.. i wonder if this is upsloping as that is the edge of the valley and the beggining of the western hills

:lol:.

Hanging onto that edge myself. Almost afraid to look out the window. Time will tell.

<br />How much do yoou have down there in Rockland?<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I haven't measured in several hours. I went outside to snow blow the driveway a few hours ago and I had maybe 10 inches or so. However the last few hours the visibility has come up most of the time so the snow looks very light. Maybe we have 11 or 12 inches now

17 inches as of 11:30pm here in Marlboro, NJ western monmouth county. Although with that being said, when I walked on my lawn every measurement was around 23 inches!!! Up to my knees!!!! So my measurements are truly conservative. Drifts everywhere up to 3 feet in spots!!

20.0" now in Millburn. Some cars fully buried, 4 - 4.5' drifts, cannot walk anymore in many areas. 0.5" away from 2003 (which would be 2nd all time NJ storm for me). Snowing at about 1"/hr.

17 inches as of 11:30pm here in Marlboro, NJ western monmouth county. Although with that being said, when I walked on my lawn every measurement was around 23 inches!!! Up to my knees!!!! So my measurements are truly conservative. Drifts everywhere up to 3 feet in spots!!

I'd estimate about 20-22" here in Colts Neck. I had 17" two hours ago and we've been snowing at 2-3"/hr rates, moreso than you in Marlboro. SE of me, someone I know is reporting 2 feet in Neptune.

Archived