canderson Posted August 14 Share Posted August 14 So I am having rotator cuff surgery in October so will not be able to do any snow/ice removal all winter. Does anyone know any companies in/close to HBG I could hire to take care of my sidewalks/driveway for the season? I’ll pay good money - I’m anal about snow removal for my wife’s safety @SnowPlowGuy88 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mahantango#1 Posted August 14 Share Posted August 14 7 hours ago, canderson said: So I am having rotator cuff surgery in October so will not be able to do any snow/ice removal all winter. Does anyone know any companies in/close to HBG I could hire to take care of my sidewalks/driveway for the season? I’ll pay good money - I’m anal about snow removal for my wife’s safety @SnowPlowGuy88 You must be anticipating a lot of winter weather coming up this season. Maybe this winter like the last few will be mostly a dud. But I do see where your coming from, concerned for the safety for your wife. 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mount Joy Snowman Posted August 14 Share Posted August 14 Low of 68. Couple nice days ahead. National high of 113 at Medicine Lodge, KS and low of 35 at Finland, MN. @canderson good luck with your rotator cuff. 2 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Itstrainingtime Posted August 14 Share Posted August 14 I will laugh myself silly if Drew Allar keeps doing what he did last night. I hope he quiets all the naysayers. I've been a huge fan since day 1. PSU screwed him royally. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mahantango#1 Posted August 14 Share Posted August 14 56 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said: I will laugh myself silly if Drew Allar keeps doing what he did last night. I hope he quiets all the naysayers. I've been a huge fan since day 1. PSU screwed him royally. I think that too he was screwed over at PSU McCarthy and other Steelers brass seen something great in him. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
TheDreamTraveler Posted August 14 Share Posted August 14 Glad the drought is getting chipped away little by little. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
WmsptWx Posted August 14 Share Posted August 14 16 hours ago, canderson said: So I anal my wife Sir, this is the American Weather Forum... 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Voyager Posted August 14 Author Share Posted August 14 16 hours ago, canderson said: So I am having rotator cuff surgery in October so will not be able to do any snow/ice removal all winter. Does anyone know any companies in/close to HBG I could hire to take care of my sidewalks/driveway for the season? I’ll pay good money - I’m anal about snow removal for my wife’s safety @SnowPlowGuy88 Oh, good luck my friend. I had that done back in 2020, and I hope I never have to do it again. I was out of work for six months after that surgery for recovery and physical therapy, but that was because of the physical nature of my work. You may be able to return to work faster. One thing to be prepared for is pain. It was the most painful therapy I've ever gone through. One word of advice my surgeon gave me was to stay ahead of the pain. Don't try to man up. If he/she doesn't give you a time estimate of when the nerve block will wear off, ask. That nerve block is awesome, but when it wears off, you'll know it. When I came home after surgery, I was like "that wasn't so bad". Yeah right...lol You'll want to take your first Vicodin, Percocet, or whatever they give you an hour before, because if you try to play catch up, you won't. 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
canderson Posted August 14 Share Posted August 14 2 hours ago, Voyager said: Oh, good luck my friend. I had that done back in 2020, and I hope I never have to do it again. I was out of work for six months after that surgery for recovery and physical therapy, but that was because of the physical nature of my work. You may be able to return to work faster. One thing to be prepared for is pain. It was the most painful therapy I've ever gone through. One word of advice my surgeon gave me was to stay ahead of the pain. Don't try to man up. If he/she doesn't give you a time estimate of when the nerve block will wear off, ask. That nerve block is awesome, but when it wears off, you'll know it. When I came home after surgery, I was like "that wasn't so bad". Yeah right...lol You'll want to take your first Vicodin, Percocet, or whatever they give you an hour before, because if you try to play catch up, you won't. My plan is to start black tar heroin the day before. 2 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Voyager Posted August 14 Author Share Posted August 14 36 minutes ago, canderson said: My plan is to start black tar heroin the day before. My doc started me off on Dilaudid for three days, then backed off to Percocet for I think two weeks, then Tylenol. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
anotherman Posted August 14 Share Posted August 14 I will laugh myself silly if Drew Allar keeps doing what he did last night. I hope he quiets all the naysayers. I've been a huge fan since day 1. PSU screwed him royally.I wouldn’t say PSU. It was a failure of coaching, specifically the lack of the ability to match his abilities to the scheme. 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Itstrainingtime Posted August 15 Share Posted August 15 2 hours ago, anotherman said: I wouldn’t say PSU. It was a failure of coaching, specifically the lack of the ability to match his abilities to the scheme. Yes, good correction. That was my intention. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mahantango#1 Posted August 15 Share Posted August 15 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
pawatch Posted August 15 Share Posted August 15 59 degrees this morning…Beautiful out. 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mount Joy Snowman Posted August 15 Share Posted August 15 Low of 63 with a beautiful day upon us before the rain comes tomorrow. Taking some friends out on the river today with the kids. Should be a swell time. 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ChescoWx Posted August 15 Share Posted August 15 Great weather today with comfortable humidity and temperatures not too far from normal for mid-August. We turn wetter and a little stormy by later tomorrow into tomorrow night some spots could see upwards of an inch or so of rain. We turn sunny any by Monday with pleasant weather returning and lasting through mid-week. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mahantango#1 Posted August 16 Share Posted August 16 Hazardous Weather Outlook National Weather Service State College PA 331 AM EDT Sun Aug 16 2026 PAZ017>019-027-028-049>053-056>059-063>066-170730- Clearfield-Northern Centre-Southern Centre-Mifflin-Juniata-Union- Snyder-Montour-Northumberland-Columbia-Perry-Dauphin-Schuylkill- Lebanon-Cumberland-Adams-York-Lancaster- 331 AM EDT Sun Aug 16 2026 This Hazardous Weather Outlook is for central Pennsylvania. .DAY ONE...Today and tonight. Periods of heavy rain from thunderstorms could lead to minor flooding of poor drainage areas and some small streams late this morning through this evening. Some of the storms may also create brief strong wind gusts over 50 mph. .DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...Monday through Saturday. The probability for widespread hazardous weather is low. .SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT... Spotter activation is not expected at this time. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mahantango#1 Posted August 16 Share Posted August 16 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
canderson Posted August 16 Share Posted August 16 A very rain day in store. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mahantango#1 Posted August 16 Share Posted August 16 3 minutes ago, canderson said: A very rain day in store. Seems to be a lot of disagreement on the amount of rain that falls today. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mahantango#1 Posted August 16 Share Posted August 16 My location might not get much rain. Hope i'm wrong. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
canderson Posted August 16 Share Posted August 16 28 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said: Seems to be a lot of disagreement on the amount of rain that falls today. The amounts might not be much but it seems destined to me misty most of it Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ChescoWx Posted August 16 Share Posted August 16 Some showers are around this morning and will likely increase in coverage later in the day into this evening. We should see some sun returning tomorrow but still a chance of additional showers. Total rain amounts look to be from 0.50" to 1.00" with the higher amounts likely over Western Chester County and into Lancaster County. Tuesday and Wednesday look like great weather with sunny skies and low humidity with temperatures slightly below normal for the middle of August. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
canderson Posted August 16 Share Posted August 16 A gully washer in HBG 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Blizzard of 93 Posted August 16 Share Posted August 16 23 minutes ago, canderson said: A gully washer in HBG Same in Marysville. 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
mahantango#1 Posted August 16 Share Posted August 16 .42 so far today. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
canderson Posted August 16 Share Posted August 16 .35” so far. We’ll see if we get more later this afternoon/evening. I have a doubt we do. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Superstorm Posted August 16 Share Posted August 16 0.79” so far. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ChescoWx Posted August 16 Share Posted August 16 Just an FYI for those that may be interested.I have added a few additional stations to join the few we already have included that are while not in Chester county are close to the Chester County border and meets our area description. Some are only historical like NWS COOP locations for Pottstown which has precipitation and snow only while New Holland NWS COOP in Lancaster County is temperatures, precipitation and snow. Below are all stations not in Chester County - some are as close as 400 feet such as at Octoraro Lake , All other stations with the exception of New Holland are within 2 miles of the Chester County border. Also attached is a map with all current and historical stations included for reference. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
AccuChris Posted August 16 Share Posted August 16 0.56” so far on the day in Lebanon. Misty presently. Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now