• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Sirianni
    Newest Member
    Sirianni
June 2024 General Discussion

10 hours ago, OrdIowPitMsp said:

As forecast it’s a gloomy morning in Bayfield WI. Doesn’t take much away from the beauty of this area though. Lake Superior and Madeline Island are peaking through the trees from the back windows of our rental cabin. High of 58 today and tomorrow.

35A9C346-5F65-4D70-A960-DF9CE19354D9.jpeg

Looks and sounds awesome 

• Haha 1

IWXwx and cyclone77 might enjoy this. The winter wheat is ripe and coming out of the fields here now. Got these images after they took off the end rows and were on the other side of the field making a dust storm. Left me a moment to get an image before it all disappeared.

8G3A7891.thumb.JPG.4d1c563a3c516bcd94c5358494f4b60e.JPG

8G3A7893.thumb.JPG.efc2c9affb1bf6c99ff359fab6397604.JPG

• Like 7

9 hours ago, cyclone77 said:

I could smell the rain from a tiny cell that passed a few miles south a little while ago.  Top 3 event the past 3 weeks.

Nothing beats the smell of petrichor, except actually getting the rain of course.

• Like 1

As the heatwave winds down (it was a great one here), my temps have been comfy with even some hints of a cool breeze the other early evening, however the cloudiness is getting too pervasive again. Its fairly dark this morning, brightening up some in the last hour. Stormy day forecast with increasing rain chances by evening. I expect nothing storm-wise but underhyped = watch out! :P

Looks like a cloudy day on tap with highs in the low-mid 60's, and a lake wind. Scattered shwrs/stms will be about during the day. Starting tomorrow, back to more summery wx with temps in the 70's, and 80's showing up briefly around Tues. 

Storm summary from June 18 has some pics of the flooding across NE MN.

https://www.weather.gov/dlh/june2024flood

My county was put under a tornado warning Sat evening, some cell off Huron had rotation but was elevated so this large country was blanketed once again even though I'm 25 miles at least from the storm moving ENE...

So how did the heatwave end storm wise here? With no thunder and just steady on and off rains! Fail #4!