Most Online
    mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447

2 hours ago, Rjay said:

Hot weather sucks

Cold weather sucks

50s and sheet drizzle sucks

75 and sunny is where it's at.  Maybe I should live in San Diego.   The problem with that is it gets boring pretty fast.  I love the variety in regards to weather conditions we get in this area. I hate these stuck patterns.  

i lived out there for a year and a half, girlfriends family lives out there so i go visit occasionally, and DEF moving back in the next few years. SD's weather is wild because that mediterranean climate is in such a pocket between the coast and mountains, in the winter you can drive 45 mins up to julian for snow, or mt laguna which is about an hour away. then the desert on the other side of the mountains offers some crazy summertime weather events like heat and the occasional monsoon. as boring as weather in sd proper can be, its got its little perks. main issue is as soon as one rain drop hits the ground driving becomes a nightmare. ive been on the 5 freeway in north county sd and i swear two rain drops hit my windshield and we slowed right down to a comfy 45mph...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, vegan_edible said:

i lived out there for a year and a half, girlfriends family lives out there so i go visit occasionally, and DEF moving back in the next few years. SD's weather is wild because that mediterranean climate is in such a pocket between the coast and mountains, in the winter you can drive 45 mins up to julian for snow, or mt laguna which is about an hour away. then the desert on the other side of the mountains offers some crazy summertime weather events like heat and the occasional monsoon. as boring as weather in sd proper can be, its got its little perks. main issue is as soon as one rain drop hits the ground driving becomes a nightmare. ive been on the 5 freeway in north county sd and i swear two rain drops hit my windshield and we slowed right down to a comfy 45mph...

lmao thats funny-- I heard in the mountains you can get snow as late as May? and 100+ degree heat of course in the valleys in the summer? so you get all kinds of weather even if you have to travel a little to get it

9 hours ago, rainsucks said:

It's been a wonderful spring here in the Midwest. Sorry to hear it hasn't been as nice on the EC.

its not just the EC either, check out Texas and the Gulf Coast and Houston, omg it's like Harvey all over again.  All the flooding rains they've had down there, they've had the spring from HELL

9 hours ago, Stormlover74 said:

By Wednesday we'll be bored by the sunny weather

Sunday

Partly sunny, with a high near 73.

Monday

Mostly sunny, with a high near 75.

Tuesday

Sunny, with a high near 77.

Wednesday

Mostly sunny, with a high near 78.

Thursday

Mostly sunny, with a high near 78.

No this is perfect!

Lots of interesting things happen when the sun comes out.

It should only be dark at night....

It looks like we should see some light showers or drizzle tomorrow but thankfully no big washout. Sunday appears like it will be drier with more sun. But still an onshore flow pattern with the big high to the north and low to the south. 

Newark and other stations have had at least a T of rain on every weekend this spring so far.

May 11-12…0.38

May 4-5…..0.31

Apr 27-28…0.11

Apr 20-21…0.05

Apr 13-14…0.04

Apr 6-7…….T

Mar 30-31…0.01

Mar 23-24….3.10

Mar 16-17…..T

Mar 9-10….1.46

Mar 2-3…..1.31

808C5272-893A-4AB3-A7EC-D66858564E23.thumb.png.c9585b6e3247e6622c95b36339cee4b8.png

63 cloudy and some drizzle.  Some clearing/sun in eastern sections as the onshore pushes clouds and moisture inland.  more of the same tomorrow before clearing our later on Sunday.   Warmup Tue (5/21) - Wed (5/22).   Overall, warmer progression but tendency for rain / onshore into next weekend.

GOES16-NE-GEOCOLOR-600x600.gif

Just now, nycwinter said:

hot and wet makes no sense...

Sure it does. In the summer you can get rounds of storms drop 3-5” in a day or two while a heat wave or two on other days pushes temps overall well above average. 

42 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Hot Hot Hot

FB_IMG_1715895038391.jpg

That’s pretty much a persistence forecast based on the summer patterns since the 15-16 super El Niño. The rainfall is based on the record warm Atlantic and extremely active tropical cyclone potential plus persistence since 15-16.

7E8BF542-9902-4C5D-8C5B-39A01B76A3B2.png.58f9d16ba711aae735483e19c242bce6.png

4496E27A-23A3-4A03-A112-069431BDE251.png.3e316bc97d8c1eea9c1f907902d98364.png

• Like 1