Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Significant Miller B Nor'easter watch, Apr 3rd-4th

Typhoon Tip

17 minutes ago, DomNH said:

Problem with those GFS clown maps in this area is that most of what falls after 12z Thursday, if it’s even snow, probably isn’t accumulating much, especially on pavement. Heaviest rates are Wednesday night into Thursday which could bring a few sloppy inches but anything after that I’m skeptical. The snow depth maps aren’t all that impressive outside of the elevated areas. 

I wasn't taking the map at face value when I posted about it so much as reflecting on the fact that it treneded southward again.

Clearly I am not getting 2' of snow.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Lol…that’s what ya get in April when big snow hits.  We’d be glad to take it off your hands, but unfortunately it doesn’t work like that. 

Yikes, don't send it this way.  The .25 inches of ice we got a week ago did enough damage here...

7 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I wasn't taking the map at face value when I posted about it so much as reflecting on the fact that it treneded southward again.

Clearly I am not getting 2' of snow.

Yes I know lol I just feel like our ceiling is going to be maybe 2-4’’ of slush tomorrow night. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DomNH said:

Yes I know lol I just feel like our ceiling is going to be maybe 2-4’’ of slush tomorrow night. 

I agree with you. The Kuchie maps keep getting more aggressive, but the +depth change maps are chilling at around 3". That is a flag....tells me you need to be around 1K to see those Kuchie amounts.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I agree with you. The Kuchie maps keep getting more aggressive, but the +depth change maps are chilling at around 3". That is a flag....tells me you need to be around 1K to see those Kuchie amounts.

Just now, Chrisrotary12 said:

Question: when y’all referring to the MA/NH border….. the 0-200’ ASL part or the 1,000’ above ASL part? Lol

• Thanks 1

The precip rates will be impressive with the initial push Wednesday evening. But radar echoes will progressively weaken after 0-6z Thursday. Lots of “holes” developing in the echoes. 

For the big totals you’ll need to be stacking Wednesday, and that’s when temps are most marginal in eastern sections.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

If you get one more tick colder, then you’ll be in big snows I think…right now it’s still a lot of sleet contamination. 

• Like 1

I've got a honda genny. I usually wheel it out then put a folding table over it then a tarp. I leave the ends open. Poor mans shelter but I only do this in bad rain or sn storms. Does everyone else cover their portable genny or do leave it uncovered and hope for the best

BOX is not impressed

Winter Weather:

Given the time of year, precipitation types will be both elevation-
and time-dependent. It will be tough to get much snowfall during the
daylight hours. Also cannot close the door on a period of freezing
rain or sleet either. That would further cut into snowfall totals.
Winter Storm Watch continues for western Franklin and western
Hampshire Counties.