Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Significant Miller B Nor'easter watch, Apr 3rd-4th

Typhoon Tip

8 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

If I lived further north I would feel more confident for snow.  Right now I would prefer no frozen.  Just some shit going on that I would prefer it non slippery. 

Going to be very close for us

• Like 1

The low levels are pretty cold on GFS. The concern is between 700-800mb with the warm layer. The sfc might be 32-33 but you have like -4C at 925 over that MA/NH border region so you’re not dropping slush balls from that boundary layer.

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The low levels are pretty cold on GFS. The concern is between 700-800mb with the warm layer. The sfc might be 32-33 but you have like -4C at 925 over that MA/NH border region so you’re not dropping slush balls from that boundary layer.

Real interested if the NAM has a clue on the upper level warmth or if it's huffing exhaust fumes

7 minutes ago, Weathernoob335 said:

Real interested if the NAM has a clue on the upper level warmth or if it's huffing exhaust fumes

NAM def is the warmest and sometimes it’s right. But other times it can be on crack when it’s the warm outlier. I think it was pretty horrific in the March 23rd event up north. 

If the warmth is being caused by convection on the NAM, then it all depends on whether it sees that convection better than other guidance and that’s where the NAM can sometimes have an advantage. I did think it was strange that the RGEM wasn’t biting and instead has been on the colder side of guidance. 

1 minute ago, ineedsnow said:

it wont take much heavy wet snow to cause power issues. if we end up with a good amount it could get really ugly around here

And you’re hoping that’s what exactly happens…you ain’t kidding anybody. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2