joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Significant Miller B Nor'easter watch, Apr 3rd-4th

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, Prismshine Productions said:

Brattleboro needs 24" exactly to hit the 56.5" avg

Sent from my SM-S146VL using Tapatalk

Wow, Greenfield and Brattleboro have almost identical winter averages.  I guess I shouldn’t be that surprised since it’s only about 20 miles away.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Prismshine Productions said:

Brattleboro needs 24" exactly to hit the 56.5" avg

Sent from my SM-S146VL using Tapatalk

Pretty disturbing that Brattleboro doesn’t average much more snow vs BOS.

• Like 1

Just now, CoastalWx said:

I haven’t seen it yet, but it looks like it has that western eyewall look lol.

I’d like it another smidge south so that it stays more consolidated, but verbatim that would be poundtown for at least 6-8 hours I think right into eastern areas. 

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I can't believe that I average more than they do....never would have guessed that. What an armpit.

Brattleboro is essentially Greenfield, MA like Hippy said.  Literally the same exact climate in the CT Valley there at the MA/VT/NH borders.

Maybe even worse than Greenfield because it has slightly higher terrain east and west.  Monadnocks on one side and the S. Greens on the other.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Brattleboro is essentially Greenfield, MA like Hippy said.  Literally the same exact climate in the CT Valley there at the MA/VT/NH borders.

Maybe even worse than Greenfield because it has slightly higher terrain east and west.

Kind of plays in to what you and I were discussing last night with respect to how being in an interior valley can be worse than being on the interior CP....unless it's December and you rip ENE at the surface.

7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Maybe even worse than Greenfield because it has slightly higher terrain east and west.  Monadnocks on one side and the S. Greens on the other.

Correct, Brattleboro sits in between some big hills so they definitely get shadowed. 
I think Bennington, Keene and N Adams are even worse though.  
I’ll have to go back and check but I believe Greenfield 50 year average is 58” a season, so slightly more than Bratt. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I’m not sure about that actually.  The Boston burbs often have climo averages in the 50s with decent retention.  The city-sure.

They probably have better retention that the E MA CP because they don't get the marine intrusions or the DSD days....kind of the inverse on how Kev doesn't get upslope like the ORH hills because he is more of a single hill than a chain. That area of VT doesn't get the general downslope on a prevailing westerly flow like the CP does.

• Like 1