Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/13 rain to snow event

LVblizzard

54 minutes ago, Newman said:

Berks and Lehigh counties look to be in the best spot for this as of now. Probably start as some brief rain, unlike those in Carbon/Monroe counties. But the strongest banding and snowfall rates will slide through south of the Poconos for the longest duration. 6-10" thump in that area

I'd probably add High Elevation NW Chesco to that list. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, zenmsav6810 said:

If I could double weenie that map I would...

So would I!!

Thing is,  the 3 major networks snow total maps are in the same general area and it's not just 1 network. I think they are pretty much locked into this.

This kind of setup is difficult to predict snow amounts...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

So would I!!

Thing is,  the 3 major networks snow total maps are in the same general area and it's not just 1 network. I think they are pretty much locked into this.

This kind of setup is difficult to predict snow amounts...

I have heard several professionals say today that this has been one of the more challenging forecasts they have had....it's easy for us to post maps etc. but they need to take simply use those as one of the many tools in the proverbial toolbox and make the forecast. I truly admire the great folks we have locally in Mt. Holly!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

People at work in telford blowing this off. Claim it was 50 today it won't stick :lol:

Their perspective will change when it is snowing at 1-2 inches per hour and the temperature is 32-34 degrees. 

• Like 3

Just got back from a milk, bread and egg run. ;) Mild out there, wouldn’t know snow was on the way, 46F/DP 35F.

Oh, and some guy on TWC just said a slushy accumulation could make it as far south as Philly, so we got that going for us.

2 minutes ago, JTA66 said:

Just got back from a milk, bread and egg run. ;) Mild out there, wouldn’t know snow was on the way, 46F/DP 35F.

Oh, and some guy on TWC just said a slushy accumulation could make it as far south as Philly, so we got that going for us.

What a guy