Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty
2/13 Significant/Major Winter Storm Discussion & Observations

Northof78

19 minutes ago, North and West said:

Classic case of an intelligent person (he and many people here are far smarter than myself) outthinking themselves to their own detriment. 

He's likely a perfectionist, what was described is the behavior of someone who tries to make everything "perfect" forgetting that no one and nothing is perfect.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cannoliman42 said:

Such varying estimates in NYC and Western LI. Certainly one of the weirder maps I've seen out of Upton, but could be factoring in UHI/population density.

Edit: Thought about it some more. Still doesn't make sense to me.

It doesn't lol, you never see a zigzag changing amount like that on the south shore, it's usually a gently sloping curve.

2 minutes ago, Greg g said:

So I had a flight tonight from Orlando at 8pm landing at LaGuardia at 10:30 that got canceled.

the airlines rebooked my flight at 8:00am going to Atlanta… I then leave Atlanta at 10:30 getting to LaGuardia at 12;45… will it be fine by then at 12:45??

thats weird the flight tonight got canceled, the weather is fine until early in the morning

4 minutes ago, Greg g said:

So I had a flight tonight from Orlando at 8pm landing at LaGuardia at 10:30 that got canceled.

the airlines rebooked my flight at 8:00am going to Atlanta… I then leave Atlanta at 10:30 getting to LaGuardia at 12;45… will it be fine by then at 12:45??

Probably not. It's gonna be a long day. Enjoy the wonders of airport cuisine.

12 minutes ago, Greg g said:

Here's the incoming flight into Orlando.

https://www.flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL2082/history/20240212/2100Z/KLGA/KMCO

They will probably reassign the aircraft to a different route. 

All of the airlines are going to be pulling assets out of the NY airports until things settle down.